Here For You

You get up from the dilapidated booth, and limp over to the fallen attraction.

You: Oh god...

You start lifting the ride with all of your strength, and you get it off of Nick's body.

You lean over, and see him bleeding from his nose and mouth. Despite that, you check for a pulse anyway.

As you expected...no pulse. Nick is dead.

Suddenly, you hear footsteps running up behind you. It's the police. They finally arrived.

They raise their guns at you.

Officer #1: Hands in the air!

You get up, your back still facing them.

One of the officers notices Nick's body.

Officer #2: Don't move! You're coming with us.

Captains Grimes wasn't there unfortunately to defuse the situation.

You: It's not what it looks like...

Officer #3: Hands in the fucking air!

THWIP!

You quickly swing away, with the officers shooting a few times before stopping.

You keep swinging, until you reach a building far enough away from the scene.

You perch yourself on the side of it, and look on in the distance. The night sky and lights coming from the city of Queens are visible. You take off your mask, and take a breath.

You don't know what to feel. Nick is dead. You didn't want that to happen. Was it your fault?

Then, your phone starts ringing. You take it out and see it's a call from Clementine.

You clear your throat, and answer it.

You: Hey.

Clementine: ...Hey.

You could hear in her tone of voice that she had just finished crying.

You: What's wrong? Are you okay?

You already knew what was wrong, though.

Clementine: Nothing....just....I was at the fair with a few of our friends.

You try to play it off like you saw the incident on the news.

You: I...uh...saw what happened on the news. You were there?! Are you sure you're okay?!

Clementine: I'm fine....we're fine.

You: Okay...good thing Spider-Man was there right?

She paused for a bit, and you facepalmed at the fact of you mentioning that. How would you have know that Spider-Man was there?

Clementine: Yeah....thank god.

You: Do you want me to go over there?

Clementine: No. I just wanted to talk to you....and hear your voice.

You smile, and after a moment of silence, you respond.

You: Remember, I'm here for you, alright?

Clementine smiles on the other end.

Clementine: Good night, Y/N.

You: Goodnight, Clem. Sleep well.

She hangs up.

You put your phone away. You put your mask on, and swing away.

THWIP!

~~~

{Two Days Later}

It was a Monday, the beginning of the school week.

You sat there at lunch with Louis, Brody, Omar, and Clementine. Aasim and Ruby were at a meeting for the Medical club. Aasim just joined so he can be with his girlfriend Ruby, who was interested in medicine.

The five of you sat there talking. Your friends seemed to be fine, they took the weekend to recover from the near death situation from the fair.

Omar: I swear I saw Aasim piss himself.

Omar was trying to make light of the situation.

Brody: Did you see Louis hug Spider-Man after he brought him down? I thought he wasn't going to let go.

Louis: Shut up.

He then looks at Clementine, who has been quiet.

Louis: Speaking of hugging Spider-Man, how was it up there on his bed of webs?

Clementine scoffed.

Louis: You both took your time up there. Didn't know Spidey was such a Casanova.

Clementine: I will punch your eyes.

The table laughed in unison.

After the laugh, Clementine spoke again. This time, more seriously.

Clementine: For a moment I thought I was going to die. I thought about my friends...my mom...my dad...thinking it was going to be my final thoughts before falling.

The group just kept on listening.

Clementine: Then I felt weightless for a bit, and felt him grab me. Once we landed safely, all that fear I had was gone.

You sit there, remembering when you held Clementine in your arms. The moment you both locked eyes. You yourself saw all that fear of her's disappear at that moment.

You look at Louis, and can tell he wanted to make a Clem loves Spider-Man joke, but he didn't.

Louis: Thank god he was there.

The bell rings, and it's time for the next period.

Clementine: Let's go, Y/N...before Mr. McNeal makes us sit in the front again for being late.

You nod. You both pick up your backpacks, and go to class together.