Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Clementine is holding Ben in her arms. The news broadcast is detailing the events in the city. She glances out the window, seeing the chaos unfolding across the river in Manhattan. She opens the sliding door and goes out to the balcony, still holding her infant son and fumbling to get the cell phone from her pocket.

With a situation like this, she knew you'd be involved. She trusted you and knew you'd be okay, but this was a very different matter. She's seen you take down criminals in crazy get-ups with varying motives, but hadn't seen anything like this. A portal formed above Stark Tower, letting in hostiles from out of this world.

She wanted to make sure you were okay. She dials your number and waits a bit for you to pick up the call.

There is no answer.

She tries again. She cradles Ben as she keeps phoning you.

Still no answer. Maybe the signal is messed up over there.

Clementine: "Please be okay, tiger."

• •

You and Captain America run through the streets and towards the chaos. Steve vaults over cars and leaps off of debris while you do the same, showcasing your own agility while occasionally web-slinging.

Nearby, police officers are shooting at the aliens above. They have never seen anything like this before. One officer runs towards his Sergeant.

Officer: Captain Michonne says it's going to be an hour before they can scramble the National Guard!

Sergeant: National Guard?

A laser shoots at the nearby car as they duck their heads.

Sergeant: Does the army know what's happening here?

Officer: Do we?

Steve lands on a police vehicle in front of the two officers. They are surprised by the sudden arrival of the man in a red-white-blue suit, holding a shield of the same style.

Steve: You need men in these buildings. There are people inside and they're going to be running right into the line of fire. You take them to the basements or through the subway. You keep them off the streets.

The sergeant looks at his fellow officer in confusion, wondering who this was giving orders. Steve continues.

Steve: I need a perimeter as far back as 39th.

Sergeant: Why the hell should I take orders from you?

Suddenly, you land on the hood of the same car Steve was on. The two policemen are in awe of the arrival of Spider-Man.

You: He's Captain America for God's sake.

Out of nowhere two Chitauri aliens fly in and try to attack you and Steve. He uses his shield to knock one back and grab its blaster. He shoots it down. You shoot a web at its face and pull it towards you. You punch it with all your might, killing it with a fatal blow. With aliens, you didn't have to pull back your punches.

The sergeant doesn't need anymore convincing, so he goes back and starts ordering his men.

Sergeant: I need men in those buildings. Lead the people down and away from the streets. We're going to set up a perimeter all the way down to 39th Street.

You chuckle as you look at Cap. You suddenly get a call and answer it via your mask's Bluetooth.

You: Hello?

Clementine: Y/N! Are you okay?

You: I'm fine. Just stay out of the city.

Clementine: What the hell is happening over there?

You and Steve start running back to the overpass where Andrea and Daryl are.

You: E.T gone wrong. We're handling the situation, just please...don't leave the apartment.

Clementine understands.

Clementine: Come back to me, all right?

You: You know I will.

You hang up the call. You leap up on to the overpass and kick down a Chitauri who was about to attack Daryl. Steve jumps in and tosses his shield at another nearing Andrea. More Chitauri are closing in, but multiple bolts of lighting come down from the sky and electrocute them.

Thor soars in the air and lands on the overpass. He pants as he regroups with the team.

Steve: What's the story upstairs?

Thor: The power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable.

Tony chimes in through the comms.

Tony: Thor's right. We got to deal with these guys.

Andrea turns to Steve, Thor, and you.

Andrea: How do we do this?

You: As a team.

Thor: I have unfinished business with Loki.

Daryl: Yeah? Well, get in line.

Steve: Save it. Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild.

Steve starts pacing, looking at the sky and around the area.

Steve: We got Stark up top. He's going to need us to—

Down the road, a man on a motorcycle approaches. It's Bruce Banner. The rest of the team walk up to him.

Bruce: So, this all seems horrible.

Andrea: I've seen worse.

Bruce knows she's referring to his transformation as the Hulk back at the hellicarrier.

Bruce: Sorry.

Andrea: No, we could use a little worse.

You speak into your comms.

You: Tony, we got him.

Tony: Banner?

You: Just like you said.

Tony: Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you.

In the distance, Tony soars towards the team. Behind him is one of the large leviathans who is pursuing him.

Thor snarles as he grips Mjölnir. You sigh since you were all going to have to deal with the huge alien.

Andrea: I don't see how that's a party.

It starts getting closer. Bruce looks back at the team before turning around and walking towards the incoming leviathan.

Steve: Dr. Banner. Now might be a good time for you to get angry.

Bruce: That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry.

In what seems to be mere seconds, Bruce transforms into the raging Hulk. With a power punch, he stops the leviathan in its tracks, causing the back of its body to flip over.

Tony: Hold on!

Tony glides above and shoots down the rest of the leviathan with his rockets, breaking it apart piece by piece. Nearby, Chitauri aliens screech at the sight of the leviathan being destroyed. They are going to seek revenge on the heroes.

The Avengers start to circle up.

Hulk roars.

Iron Man descends and lands on the street.

Hawkeye loads an arrow into his bow.

Thor spins Mjölnir around his palm.

Black Widow loads a magazine into her pistol.

Captain America tightens the strap of his shield.

Spider-Man straightens out his wrist bands, re-enabling his web shooters.

Loki in the distance is on his glider, looking down at the heroes on the street. He starts commanding his army.

Loki: Send the rest.