Return of the Winter Soldier

From now on, the world will know who Spider-Man is.

Dozens of photographers in front of the stage snap pictures with some scrambling to ask you questions. You don't speak anymore, and King T'Chaka walks up to you near the edge of the stage.

T'Chaka: Thank you, Mr. L/N. For doing this.

You shake his hand, looking at him face to face.

Unmasked.

T'Challa walks up to the both of you and shakes your hand as well.

You: It was my pleasure, Your Highness.

T'Chaka: Your hero work is well known back in Wakanda...

He pauses and looks at his son, then back at you.

T'Chaka: We'll give you a call one day so you can visit Wakanda. We might have something for you.

You wonder what he's referring to. You smile and give a nod.

You: Thank you.

He pats you on the shoulder and goes over to the podium so he can do his speech. You walk over near Andrea and sit down in the seat next to her.

Andrea: That went well.

You: Yeah...better than expected.

You run your fingers through your hair and sigh. It was pretty intense actually

Andrea: You did good.

You nod, and continue listening to King T'Chaka.

T'Chaka: I am grateful to Mr. Y/N L/N and the Avengers for supporting this initiative. Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace—

Suddenly, your spider-sense blares. You also see T'Challa looking out the window and quickly start running towards his father.

T'Challa: Everybody get down!

T'Challa leaps as an explosion happens outside, blowing out the windows and debris flying everywhere. You grab Andrea and take cover behind the desk.

Amidst the chaos, T'Challa crawls over to his father who is laying on the ground. Fire is lit behind them and smoke is everywhere. The younger Wakandan tries to check his father's pulse, and doesn't get one. He keeps checking for life, to no avail. He grabs his father's body, and begins to cry.

You get up and put your mask on. Even though it was kind of useless for it to hide your face, it still had features like a HUD. You run and jump out of the hole on the side of the building, landing on the streets below where the explosion happened.

Debris is everywhere. Smoke and dust engulfs the area. You see bodies of those who weren't fortunate enough to run away, and you also know there are still some under rubble who could still be alive. You phone Andrea.

You: How long until fire and rescue arrives, Andrea?

Andrea: Five minutes.

You hang up, and go deeper into the chaos.

• •

{Later That Day}

News outlets reported that the bomber was James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. You didn't think you'd run into him again. You wonder what Steve thinks.

You're outside the Vienna International Centre as firefighters put out the flames. Officers and German Task Force authorities walk around trying to deal with the situation. You are out of your spider-suit, and wear civilian clothes as you walk with Andrea. You see T'Challa sitting on a bench, staring blankly at the crowd.