Taskmaster

{Three Weeks Later}

The thug kicked open the door and dragged the man out. He threw him on the pavement, four other thugs surrounded him.

Man: I promised I'd pay you back soon! In a week!

The thug holds a crowbar as he leans over to speak to the man.

Thug 1: It's been a week too late, buddy.

He looks over at his colleague.

Thug 2: A broken kneecap should teach him not to break the rules.

He laughs as the first thug brandishes his melee weapon. He is about to land a blow at the man, but a web sticks to the crowbar and is pulled out of his hands.

You land in the alley, and face the thugs.

You: Hey, boys. Let me guess...loan shark business?

Thug 3: Shoot the fucker.

The fourth thug raises his gun, but you web it out of his hands and throw it back at him, sending him to the ground.

You: Does it really take all five of you to talk down to an old man?

The first thugs charges at you, but you leap over him and web his face. He tries to pull it off of him, but you do a flying kick at his back. He's launched to the wall in front of him.

The second thug swings his fist but you dodge and grab his arm. You hold it up as you land two blows to his stomach. He doubles over, in which you hit him in the jaw with your knee.

The fourth thug had gotten up and went over to grab his gun. You pull it towards yourself with a web line and crush it.

You: Nope. Guns are bad.

You shoot another web at him and pull him forward, uppercutting him when he gets close.

The third thug grabs the man and holds a knife at his neck.

Thug 3: Stand back! I'll kill him!

As you're trying to survey the situation, the man does something extraordinary. He elbows the thug, giving you room to web the knife out of his hands and charge at him. You knock the last thug out with a single punch.

You look at the unconscious thugs as you crack your knuckles. You look at the man.

You: Not bad, man. That was awesome.

Man: I take self defense classes.

You: Keep taking them. Next time you can probably take all five out.

The man chuckles. Jokes aside, it'd actually be better if the man moves out of town for some time to avoid these loan Sharks.

You: Seriously though, I suggest you move.

• •

{Later That Day}

You're on the rooftop of a building reading from a newspaper. You flip the pages and see a story of an attack at a Ten Rings encampment in Gulmira, Afghanistan. This was the fourth one in the last month.

The U.S Military say they still do not know who or what are attacking these camps.

You get a call as you keep on reading, and answer it via your mask's Bluetooth. It's Clementine.

You: Hello?

Clementine: Hey. What are you doing?

You: Just finished reading. I'm on my way home.