Decimation

{Present Time}

The heroes in the forest look on at the warlord.

Bruce: Cap. That's him.

Steve activates his arm shield.

Steve: Eyes up. Stay sharp.

This is it. They had to keep Thanos away from Vision and the Mind Stone. He had all five stones already, and they didn't want know what would happen if he acquired the final one.

Bruce charges at Thanos in his Hulkbuster armor, but Thanos simply uses the stones to have him phase through himself. He buries him into a cliff side.

Steve runs at him too, but Thanos hurls him away using the Power Stone.

T'Challa activates his claws and jumps at him, but Thanos grabs him by the neck. He punches him hard and sends him to the floor.

The Falcon flies over and shoots at him with his guns, but Thanos blasts him out of the air with his gauntlet.

War Machine hovers above and shoots all that he can, from his machine guns to his rocket launchers. Thanos deflects them, then uses the stones to capsize Rhodey's armor. He throws him away.

Judith swings in and shoots webs at him. Thanos is annoyed again at the sight of a spiderling, and simply uses the stones to lift her up and launch her towards a tree.

Bucky runs over and shoots at Thanos with his rifle. Andrea and Okoye follow behind him. He blasts down near his feet and Bucky flies back.

Okoye throws a spear but Thanos stops it with his gauntlet and throws her back using the stones. He then traps Andrea and surrounds her with several pillars of rock.

Groot tries to wrap his roots around Thanos, but he simply rips them off. He continues on.

AJ runs in, and dodges blasts from Thanos's gauntlet. He charges a fist with electricity and swings down, but Thanos makes him freeze in mid air using the stones. He slams him down to the floor, then flings him away into the trees. Another spiderling dealt with.

Captain America slides in and hits Thanos's knees with his arm-shields. He uppercuts him, but he takes it like a champ. Thanos tries to grab him, but Steve uses both hands to grab at his gauntlet. He strains as the two combatants come face-to-face.

Steve yells as he tries to push back Thanos, but the Titan simply scowls and punches him hard with his free hand, knocking the Captain out.

All that is left is Wanda, who is currently trying to destroy the stone in Vision's head at the request of the synthezoid.

She shoots an energy beam back at Thanos to try and keep him back. He struggles to get close, and Wanda looks back at Vision.

Vision: It's all right.

Wanda cries as she continues to kill her lover. But this had to be done.

Vision: I love you.

He closes his eyes, and the stone finally shatters. It emits a large shockwave, and pushes them back. It has been done.

Thanos pants as he looks down at Vision's body. He starts speaking to Wanda who is also on the floor.

Thanos: I understand, my child. Better than anyone.

Wanda: You could never.

Thanos nods.

Thanos: Today, I lost more than you can know. But now is no time to mourn.

He walks closer to Vision's body.