Venom

{Later That Night}

After a nice hot shower, you feel better. Without the symbiote, it's as if a weight was off of your shoulders.

You change into comfortable clothes and go into your living room. You sit on a stool near the bar, and take out your phone. You scroll through contacts, and tap on Clementine's name.

It rings, but she doesn't answer. You try again.

She doesn't answer. You decide to leave a voicemail.

You: I might not be somebody you'd want to speak to at the moment, I understand. But, I have to be honest. I miss you, Clem. I still love you...

You sigh in the middle of the message.

You: ...can we please talk? Call me back.

You send the message, and put your phone down. You begin talking to yourself.

You: Was that too cringy? I hope not.

• •

Clementine waves goodbye to Ruby as she leaves the restaurant. She walks down the sidewalk, looking at her phone.

She sees two missed calls from you, and a voicemail.

Clementine sighs, and puts away her phone. In the back of her mind, she still thinks you're at risk of getting hurt. After going through with Louis's plan, he's gone silent. She wonders if he's still watching from afar.

She goes into a taxi nearby, and the driver asks for her destination.

???: So, where too?

The driver turns out to be Gabe. Clementine looks at him, recognizing him from the Daily Bugle article exposing him to be a faker.

Before she can say anything, Gabe turns into Venom, grabbing Clementine's neck.

• •

{Later That Night}

The news anchor is reporting about a hostage situation at a construction site in the Financial District. You sit in your living room, watching.

News Anchor: Every attempt to rescue the hostage suspended in the taxi cab above has been thrwated by the Sandman.

They proceed to show footage of Sandman taking down SWAT team vehicles. You're surprised that Tripp Marko is alive.

News Anchor: Compounding the danger is the appearance of a strange black suited figure. Early reports believed it to be the black suited Spider-Man. But he has since been identified to be something entirely different.

They show footage of the black suited figure attacking SWAT team members.

News Anchor: The hostage has been identified to be Clementine Watson, an ESU student and journalist for Channel 4 New York.

Your eyes widen as they show grainy zoomed-in footage of Clementine in the cab.

You leap off your couch, and run up to your room. You pull out the briefcase from under the bed, and open it. There, you see your original red-and-blue spider suit.

It was time to save the day.

To save Clementine.

• •

The chaos continues. Bystanders and onlookers are told to stand behind the barriers for their safety.

Clementine's taxi cab drops down a few yards, causing her to scream. The onlookers gasp and yell, but several other black webs below catch the cab.