Peace In Our Time

{Later}

You were in the Quinjet with the rest of the Avengers. You are unmasked as you look at the case containing the Scepter. Thor and Steve are beside you examining it as well.

You: Can't believe this thing's back in my life.

Steve: We were bound to cross paths with it again once S.H.I.E.L.D collapsed.

You remember handing the Scepter to Marlon and his STRIKE team after the Battle of New York three years ago. You thought it'd be in safe hands after that.

Turns out Marlon was a part of HYDRA. Steve told you the story of what happened last year in Washington D.C, where he uncovered how HYDRA was deep within S.H.I.E.L.D. Secretary Alexander Pierce was the head of it all.

It was a whole fiasco. Andrea was involved, Jesus faked his death, the Winter Soldier resurfaced and he turned out to be an old friend of Steve's from his past. Even AJ was involved, who was in D.C at the time and decided to help Captain America deal with the situation.

You snap out of your thoughts and turn to Steve.

You: We should've kept it instead of giving it away after defeating Loki.

Steve: None of us knew they were HYDRA. You were even getting all buddy-buddy with Thompson.

You shrug.

You: Eh, he was a bully back in high school. I should've figured he'd end up on the wrong side. At least I broke his nose.

Steve: Well...I kinda had a building fall on him.

You think, though. They never recovered a body...so Marlon is still out there somewhere.

Nearby, Andrea speaks with Banner who is listening to opera music through his headphones. She turns to Thor.

Andrea: Thor, report on the Hulk.

Thor faces the two.

Thor: The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims.

Thor pumps his fist and smiles, but the statement wasn't what Andrea wanted. Banner hangs his head in shame. Thor tries to retract his report.

Thor: But not the screams of the dead, of course. No, no, wounded screams. Mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and gout.

Thor turns back around, avoiding further communication with them. You nudge him.

You: Nice save.

Tony enables the auto-pilot feature of the jet and stands up from the seat. He walks over to the three Avengers near the staff.

Steve: Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?

You: I don't know...but it most likely has to do with this staff.

Tony: You, me, and Banner will give it the once over before it goes back to Asgard.

He looks at Thor.

Tony: Is that cool with you? Just a few days until the farewell party.

Thor puts his hands on his waist and he continues examining the scepter. Tony asks again.

Tony: You're staying, right?

Thor: Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels.

Tony: Yeah, who doesn't love revels?

Tony leans over the table and faces Steve.

Tony: Captain?