Thanos

{Earlier in space}

The mad Titan comes through a portal and looks around at his home planet. He remembers how nice it was before.

Doctor Strange: Oh, yeah.

Thanos turns his head and sees Stephen Strange sitting on a rock on the set of dilapidated stairs.

Doctor Strange: You're much more of a Thanos.

Thanos look away, he assumes since the sorcerer was still alive that one of his children had failed...somewhat.

Thanos: I take it that Maw is dead.

Strange simply nods.

Thanos: This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission.

Doctor Strange: You may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts.

The Titan starts walking closer to him.

Thanos: And where do you think he brought you?

Doctor Strange: Let me guess. Your home?

Thanos: It was.

He then uses the reality stone in his gauntlet to change their surroundings into a much nicer environment, showing how Titan once looked.

Thanos: And it was beautiful.

Thanos explains how Titan used to be like most planets, with there being too many mouths to feed and not enough resources to go around.

Thanos: We almost faced extinction, I offered a solution.

Doctor Strange: Genocide?

Thanos: But random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass.

Thanos changes the environment back to what it was.

Doctor Strange: Congratulations, you're a prophet.

Thanos: I'm a survivor.

Doctor Strange: Who wants to murder trillions.

Thanos: With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers. They would all cease to exist. I call that mercy.

Stephen gets up from the rock.

Doctor Strange: And then what?

Thanos: I'd finally rest...and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills.

Strange bumps his wrists and brandishes his magic.

Doctor Strange: I think you'll find our will equal to yours.

Thanos raises his head.

Thanos: Our?

Suddenly, a large chunk of debris lifted by Iron Man crashes down on Thanos.

Tony: Piece of cake, Quill.

Starlord comes out of his hiding spot.