Mysterio

{Several Weeks Later}

You walk out of the kitchen holding a bowl of snacks. You go over to the couch where Clementine is already sitting. You went over to her place to watch the MLB American League championship game with her.

Clementine: So whoever wins this plays who again?

You: The Phillies in the World Series. They beat the Dodgers a few days ago.

You hand her the bowl of chips, and she grabs some.

The two of you watch the first two innings of the game. Clementine rests her head on you shoulder as you have an arm around her.

You get a call and see it's from Tyreese. You answer it.

You: Hello?

Tyreese: Y/N, we need you down at The Morgan Library and Museum in Midtown. ASAP.

You: Really Ty? I was just about to watch the Rays game.

Tyreese: Jonah wants you to meet him there. They're saying Spider-Man robbed the place.

You make a face of confusion, which Clementine notices.

You: What? That can't be.

Tyreese: You should go investigate for yourself. This is urgent.

He hangs up. You put your phone back in you pocket.

Clementine: What's wrong? Who was that?

You: Tyreese from the Bugle. They want me to check out some robbery at a museum in Midtown.

Clementine: Is it that important?

You sigh.

You: They say Spider-Man did it, and I know I'm not the thievery type.

Clementine: Spider-Man? It has to be some copycat or something.

You: That's what I have to prove. Either as Y/N L/N, or Spider-Man.

You kiss her before you get up from the couch, then you go over to grab your coat.

You: I'll be back. I promise.

You exit the apartment, leaving Clementine by herself with the game on.

• •

You make it to the museum and see police around the area. You tell them your association with the Daily Bugle and they let you inside. You see J. Jonah Jameson.

JJ: L/N, about time you made it.

You: What's the deal here, JJ?

JJ: Didn't Tyreese tell you? That costumed menace robbed a priceless piece of art! I knew he was up to no good.

JJ grabs your arm and begins guiding you to the exhibit where the stolen art was. You see crime scene tape and also webbing on the ceiling.

JJ: Take photos. This is going to be a Bugle exclusive.

He pats you on the shoulder and leaves you. You hold your camera, and begin looking around.

You take a few pictures, then look up at webbing stuck to the ceiling. You look around to see if anybody was nearby, then you use your agility to leap onto the ceiling.