Mind Games | Part 5

Clementine has bandaged you up. You still felt the ache on your side from the gunshot wound. Thankfully the bullet had gone clean through.

You were explaining to Clementine what you had went through as she was patching you up.

Clementine: So....the twins made you think I died?

You: Yes. It was horrible. Everything that happened during that dream made me feel horrible.

You took a breath.

You: I had never felt that angry since my uncle died. When I caught up to the burglar, I was about to kill him. I wanted to. I was so close to killing Kraven too....

Clementine: I'm sorry you had to go through that.

You held her hand.

You: I'll never let anything happen to you.

Clementine: Don't worry. I'm one tough cookie. I've only been kidnapped what, a couple times?

You both chuckle. Then, you phone rings. You answer it.

You: Hello?

Louis: Y/N? Where you at?

You: At Clem's place.

Louis: Jesus, you're there like five times a week.

You laugh.

You: Sorry, buddy.

Louis: Anyways, it's Carl's birthday tomorrow. I plan on treating him to dinner.

You: Dinner? Romantic.

Louis: Hush up. I'm inviting friends as well. You're coming right?

You: Yeah, for sure.

Louis: You're with Clem, so I assume she's going too.

You look at her. She nods, as she already heard Louis through the phone with his loud voice.

You: Yeah, we will.

Louis: Great. Don't know the exact time yet, but it'll be in the evening.

You: Good.

Louis: All right, see you soon, man.

You both hang up.

Clementine: Treating Carl Grimes to dinner? Very nice of Louis.

Carl has always been close to Louis, ever since high school. It was nice to see Louis caring for his friends.

You: This might be a chance for me to fully embrace the real world for once, and have fun.

You had a point. No more mind games. No dreams. Just real life.

Clementine rubs your shoulder, and smiles.

••

{The Next Day}

Louis had invited everybody.

Aasim, Ruby, Omar, Minerva and Sophie were there, waiting for Carl. Violet had arrived as well.

You and Clementine showed up shortly after.