Mind Games | Part 3

You were at Clementine's grave.

A tear dropped down your cheek as you placed a kiss on the tombstone. Louis walked up from behind.

Louis: Now do you understand?

You keep looking at her tombstone as you answer Louis.

You: Understand what?

Louis: Why I've always hated Spider-Man. Clem died because of her involvement with him....his association with you, his photographer.

You sadly nod your head.

You: Yeah....I understand. Excuse me.

You started walking away, and went over to a railing overlooking the river near the cemetery.

You start clenching your fist in anger, and rip a piece of the railing off with your strength. You then throw it at the river. You continue to take deep breaths.

???: Not very satisfying, is it?

You turn to your left, and see an older man. You've never seen him before.

???: She's dead. Nothing can bring her back. But wouldn't that anger you feel be better channeled into....revenge?

You wave him off, and begin walking away. He continues to speak.

???: Isn't that what you really want? To avenge Clem's death?

You turn around, and face him.

You: Who are you?

???: How does it feel? Everytime you picture her....dying....in your arms, and Kraven just running off?

You begin to grit your teeth.

You: If I had the chance....I will KILL him with my bare hands.

???: Good. He deserves it, doesn't he?

You: Yes.

???: What would you give to make the vengeance real?

You: Anything.

???: You're sure then? You want this?

You: I'm sure.

The man's voice begins to distort, but you don't notice.

???: Are you completely sure?

You scowl.

You: Yes. I want revenge.

We did it.

He is ready.

••

You: I want....revenge.

You are still in your Spider-Man suit, laying on the ground in a warehouse muttering those words. Arvo and Natasha are standing over you. They have succeeded in manipulating you.

You don't realize it, but the whole last two days have been all in your head. Arvo and Natasha have had control of you since you tried to apprehend them during their escape.

Everything from their arrest, to Shocker, to Clementine's death, was all in your head. All thanks to the twins and their mind control.

Arvo: I can feel it in his mind. He believes it all.

Natasha: He is strong, I'll give him that. But together, our power, we can do anything.

Arvo: Kraven will finally pay for what he did to our parents. Spider-Man will do our dirty deed.