Remember The Name

{Two Months Later}

You're sitting in Mr. Everett's history class. The school day was almost over, so he just begins talking about current events after his lecture.

Aasim and Clementine sit in desks to your right and left, respectively.

Student #1: Mr. Everett? You saw the Knicks game last night?

Mr. Everett: I didn't get to it sadly. I was up all night studying.

Mr. Everett has told you many times that he's working on getting his doctorate in science to pair along with his doctorate in history. Once he does, he'll officially go by Dr. Everett.

Student #2: Screw the Knicks game. Did you see that pursuit on channel 7? I got to see Spider-Man catch those carjackers live!

You slightly smile. Thankfully those criminals gave up easily once you landed on the hood of their car. You swear you saw the moment the driver pissed himself.

Student #3: I'm not going to lie, that shit was dope.

Mr. Everett: Um, langauge?

Student #3: Sorry.

Mr. Everett chuckled, and then spoke to the class.

Mr. Everett: We're currently living in a very interesting time in our history. We've never seen anything like Spider-Man. For the last couple months, he's been a sign of hope for the city of New York. We should be thankful for his heroics.

The bell rang soon after, and the class began to leave.

You, Aasim, and Clementine leave the class and start heading outside.

Aasim: I saw the pursuit too. That shit was crazy.

Clementine: I swear my dad was glued to the TV since it started.

Aasim: Did you see it, Y/N?

You: Uh...yeah of course. Thankfully Spider-Man stopped those drugs from getting into the wrong hands.

Clementine: Drugs? I didn't hear the news say anything about drugs being in the car.

You gulp. Of course people didn't know. But you did, you stopped the damn perps yourself.

You: I'm just assuming. Those guys sure looked like they were in a hurry.

Clementine simply nods, and the three of you meet up with Louis.

Louis: How's it going, mis amigos?

You: Looks like somebody's paying attention in Spanish class.

Louis: I'll have you know that I'm currently at a C average.

You chuckle.

Aasim: Well, it's officially the weekend. Any of you want to grab a bite?

Louis: I'm up for it.

Clementine: Sure.

You: It better not be Subway again.

Aasim always had a knack for driving his friends to Subway to eat. He loved the Friday deals.

Aasim: Fine. I'll let you guys pick on the way.

The four of you begin walking to the school parking lot.

Clementine is right beside you walking at your same speed. You take a quick glance at her wrist, and notice the beaded bracelet. You gave her that during the homecoming dance...which you did ended up taking her to.