What I Desire

{Two Weeks Later}

Violet, Minerva, and Omar sit with you as the group discusses their English project, which was a presentation on the book The Handmaid's Tale.

Violet: Have you finished your part of the slides?

Omar: Not yet, but I only need two more.

Minerva: I've already got mine done.

Violet looks at you.

You: Uh....well....

Violet: Come on, Y/N. How does Omar have more slides done than you?

Omar: Uh, I'm right here.

You: Things just came up. I'll get it done though, don't worry.

You were technically telling the truth. New York is the city that never sleeps.

Minerva: We're going to hold you to that.

Violet: That's if Louis let's him work.

You discuss the project for the rest of the class, and the bell rang.

The four of you left class. Minerva and Omar went one way while you walked with Violet.

Violet noticed you in your thoughts.

Violet: Everything alright?

You: I keep thinking about Ben....we were starting to get to know him. He was a good guy.

Violet: Unfortunately, he's gone now. I don't know what Spider-Man did, but he got rid of him for good.

You look down, you honestly didn't know what you did.

She holds you shoulder.

Violet: Just don't think about it. Okay?

You nod, and moments later you meet up with Clementine and Louis in the courtyard.

You give Clementine a kiss as you greet her.

Louis: Y/N, ready for that Knicks game tonight?

Violet looks at you.

Violet: See what I mean?

She then looks back at Louis.

Violet: Y/N has to work on his part of the project for English. He promised us he would get it done soon.

Louis: Yuck. Can you let him live a little?

You: She's right. Besides, I'm going to meet with my aunt later today and go right back home to finish it up.

Louis nods. Then looks toward the coffee stand.

Louis: Alright. Anybody want coffee? On my tab.

~~~

{Later That Day}

THWIP!

You swing across the city on your way to your aunt's house in Queens. You figured taking the skies would be faster than any taxi cab in the city.

You finally make it to your block, and start taking off your suit by the side of your house. You change back into your regular clothes, and walk up to the porch.

You knock on the door, and moments later your aunt answers the door.

Aunt: Y/N! Good to see you!