Davis To The Rescue

There is a skylight on the roof of the warehouse. You enter the building through it and drop down. It is pretty dark, and the interior is run down.

You: I feel like I'm in a horror movie...

You jog to the front doors which Officer Davis is on the other side of.

You: You there, Alvin? I'm doing my best to refrain from knock-knock jokes.

Officer Davis speaks from the other side.

Officer Davis: Appreciated. You see a junction box powering the door?

You look around, and see the electrical mechanism powering it.

You: Yeah, got it.

Officer Davis: If we can overload it, that should force the door open.

You: I have just the tool for the job.

You toggle your electric webs and shoot the junction box. It sparks, and the metal doors open. Officer Davis walks through.

Officer Davis: Gadget man, huh? You remind me of my son. Started taking apart the TV when he was five. Now he's unlocking his friends' phones.

You: He sounds like a really smart kid. Maybe he can teach me a few things.

Alvin chuckles.

Officer Davis: I think you've met him before. I don't know if you remember, but you saved him a few years ago on Christmas. He barely told me a few months ago.

You do remember. The kid you saved from being run over by a truck. The kid you helped pay for his mother's gift.

You: AJ? He's your son?

Officer Davis: Alvin Morales. We call him AJ, though, despite him having his mother's last name. It's a tradition.

You: How is he?

Officer Davis: He's in his last year of middle school. Smartest kid in his class.

You: He's one of a kind.

Officer Davis nods and puts a hand on your shoulder. It's his gesture of thanks for saving his son years ago, and you take it. It is then time to continue the search.

• •

Upon investigating the Fisk shipment crates in the warehouse, you found a mechanism that opens a trapdoor. Officer Davis calls you over to help him lift the door.

Officer Davis: One...two...three.

You both lift the door, and see a staircase leading down to a passageway.

You: Well, that isn't spooky at all...

Officer Davis: Probably an old bootlegger's tunnel.

You both begin walking down.

You: And it looks like no one's cleaned it since Al Capone.

You both walk through the corridor. The two of you feel shaking, and dust drops down from the ceiling.

You: What's that?

Officer Davis: Subway maybe?

You: Not much of a sandwich guy...

Officer Davis: Haha.

There is another rumbling, and more rubble falls.

You: Okay, that definitely wasn't a subway.