Consumed

{Two Days Later}

You and your aunt were called to the precinct by Captain Grimes himself. He had some news about the case of Uncle Y/U/N's shooting. The two of you sit across from Captain Grimes's desk as he speaks.

Captain Grimes: We've been trying to find the second suspect to your husband's murder, and we now have a breakthrough.

He shows a picture of Abel Carradine. You remember him. You chased him down years ago and spared him despite him killing your uncle.

Captain Grimes: Carradine died in prison. Stabbed in a fight. Warden looked through his things...and found a journal. It had a name who we think could be linked.

He shows a mugshot of another man, you immedialey recognize it...

Captain Grimes: Tripp Marko. Long time armed robber. He still at large, but we know he's in the city.

It's the Sandman.

Your aunt looks at the picture...and her hands start shaking. She starts to panic.

She remembers his face now. She remembers how she heard a gunshot that night and ran outside to see Y/U/N on the ground bleeding. He was simply working on the lawn. The first man, Abel, was getting into Y/U/N's car, while the second man, Tripp, was getting into the passenger's seat.

She didn't remember his face at first, but now she does only after seeing his face a second time.

Aunt: Oh my god...oh my god...

She starts to get a panic attack, and you hold her. Captain Grimes rushes to her other side and tries to calm her down too.

You: It's okay, Y/A/N. It's okay...

She finally calms down, taking a breath in. You then grab the photo for yourself and look at it. Captain Grimes continues to speak to your aunt.

You think about your uncle. How he was simply just...living...doing what he does everyday...only to be gunned down. You chased down one guy. What if he wasn't the shooter?

What if it was Tripp?

Aunt: Can you please put these pictures away?

Captain Grimes nods and places them back in a folder.

Captain Grimes: I know this may be hard for you, but we will find him. Just be patient. Let us do our job.

You turn around.

You: But you're not doing your job.

Captain Grimes turns to you.

You: It took you over three years to find out about this guy!

Captain Grimes: Settle down, son—

You: No, I won't settle down! This guy was an accomplice to my uncle's murder, and he's still out there!

You throw the photo onto the desk, and storm out.

• •

{Later That Evening}

You are in your room, hearing the police dispatch feed from the radio you have in your room. You know Sandman would be somewhere, it's been too long since you've last seen him.

A knock is at your door.

Clementine: Y/N, it's me.

You don't answer, but she comes in anyway. She shuts the door.