Crossbones

{Eleven Months Later}

In the cafe, Andrea and Wanda sit at separate tables. They are undercover, with Andrea wearing sunglasses and Wanda wearing a hat. Wanda sips her tea as Steve talks to her via an earpiece.

Steve: All right, what do you see?

Wanda gives a quick glance behind her and sees the police station across the street. Cops are in front of the building.

Wanda: Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target.

Nearby, Steve looks out the window of an empty building.

Steve: There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?

Wanda: Cameras.

Steve: Both cross-streets are one-way.

Wanda: So compromised escape routes?

You chime in through the comms and speak with them. You're on a rooftop with Sam in your spider-suit. Sam wears his Falcon gear.

You: It means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on his way out.

The team is on a mission to capture Marlon Thompson, now known as Crossbones. He's been robbing police stations around the world and you finally got a lead on him.

Steve: You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?

Wanda looks at it and continues sipping her tea.

Wanda: Yeah, the red one? It's cute.

Andrea speaks into her comms from the other table.

Andrea: It's also bullet-proof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us.

Wanda: You know I can move things with my mind, right?

Andrea: Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature.

You and Sam walk along the rooftop and look over the edge. He responds to Andrea via the comms.

Sam: Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?

Andrea: Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?

Steve: Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Thompson in six months. I don't want to lose him.

Sam scoffs.

Sam: If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us.

You: Wouldn't he hate you more?

Sam: Why? All I did was get a few punches in. Steve's the one who dropped a building on him.

You: Good point.

Steve ignores the exchange and looks out the window again. He notices a garbage truck driving through the market.

Steve: Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it.

Sam deploys Redwing, the drone that you built for him after losing that billiards game about a year ago. This is the first time he's using it.

Redwing flies over to the truck below and scans it. Sam uses the X-Ray feature to look at the contents inside.

Sam: That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed.

Andrea: It's a battering ram.