Home Remedies

Clementine: Oh my god!

Clementine immediately went over to you and tried to get you up.

Clementine: Y/N! Y/N! What's happening?!

You let out a groan as you try to prop yourself up using your elbow.

You: Just....in pain is all.

You let out a weak chuckle.

Clementine: Come on. Let's get you on the couch.

You get up, and with her help you lay on the couch. She puts a pillow behind your head as she pulls off your mask.

You: Ow....you pulled my hair.

Clementine: Shut up, dork.

You let out a weak laugh but hold your side in pain.

Clementine rolls up the midsection of your suit to reveal the electric burns and bruises on your body.

Clementine: Oh my god....

You: What? It's probably nothing....I'll heal up in about a day or so.

Clementine: You have burns everywhere! You need to get treated!

You: Well, the hospital is out of the equation....

Clementine quickly gets up from her knees and goes over to her kitchen. At this point, you completely take off the upper part of your suit, leaving on only the pants.

You: Wh....where are you going?....Do you have some of that lemonade from yesterday left?

Clementine ignores your remark as she comes back in with a wet towel and a first aid kit.

You: Oh....so you're playing doctor....okay....

Clementine once again ignores you as she places the towel onto your injury. You grimace at the pain. Clementine begins to apply some petroleum jelly on your burns.

You: I've never felt shocks like that before.....I mean I've felt static shocks before like when you accidentally touch somebody....but that's definitely not as bad-

Clementine shoots a look at you.

Clementine: Seriously, please shut up.

You nod, and lay back down. You were trying to lighten the mood while Clementine patched you up.

Clementine began wrapping the roll of bandages around your abdomen. You were immediately feeling better. Once she is done, you slowly start to sit up.

You: Huh....Ruby showed you some things about medicine didn't she?

She doesn't respond, and just sits on the couch with you.

You scoot closer to her.

You: Hey....thank you. I'm sorry if I'm here talking out of my ass....I just didn't know what to say.

Clementine: You're over here joking around while your suffering damn near third degree burns.

You hold her hand.

You: You shouldn't be doing this....taking care of me after I go out risking my life....you don't have to do this.

This is the first time she's done this. You hope this was just a one time thing.

You: But you did, and I thank you.

Clementine looks at you, and gives a slight smile.

Clementine: Just don't get too beat up the next time you go out saving people.

You chuckle.

You: I'll try my best.

You lean in and kiss Clementine. You grimace a bit from leaning over and aggravating your injury.

Clementine: You okay?

You: Yeah....I'm fine.

You lean against the coach and take a breath. You start to recall the events of the fight with Electro.

You: You know that thing was Ben, right?

Clementine: Yeah. Or at least was.

She had a point. Ben now goes by Electro.

You: He was too far gone. Ron and those assholes made him who he was....I wish I could've done something.

Clementine: There was nothing you could've done. Were you going to beat Ron to a pulp and send a message? It probably would've made things worse.

You nod in response.

Clementine: What happened to him anyway? Where did he go?

You: He was drained into the transformer. It was the only thing that made sense at the time.

Inside you knew, he was still out there....somewhere.

Your phone begins to ring, and you pick it up from the coffee table. It's Aasim.

You: Hello?

Aasim: Hey, Y/N. Are you okay?

You: Aside from a few second degree burns and bruises, I'm feeling swell.

Aasim: Good....

There was a moment of silence.

Aasim: So....that thing was Ben?

You: Was Ben, Aasim. I'm sorry.

Aasim: He was a cool dude. Man....I can't believe it got to this point. He was having fun at the party before he showed up as that supercharged freak.

You: He had great friends....you were a great friend. He appreciated you.

Aasim: Yeah....

You: Remember that, man.

Aasim: Alright, man. Good night.

You: See you tomorrow.

You hang up the phone, and start getting up.

You: I should start getting home.

Clementine gets up and holds you back.

Clementine: You're in no shape to swing back home, let alone walk.

You nod.

Clementine: Just stay the night.

You look up at her.

You: Has anybody ever told you you're the most beautiful and caring woman in the world?

Clementine blushes.

Clementine: You have, just not enough times.

The two of you share a smile, as she sits you back onto the couch.

You: So....you have some of that lemonade left, right? I wasn't joking when I asked for it.