Seconds To Spare

{The Next Day}

You leave the supervisor's office after speaking with him. He told you that he admires your work at the Daily Bugle, and that he would keep in touch with you.

Everybody at the Channel 4 news station were going about their day. You walk over to Clementine, who's standing around talking with a familiar looking man.

You realize it's Mitch.

Mitch: Y/N! How's it going?

He goes up to you and shakes your hand.

You: Hey, man! It's been a while.

Mitch actually left Ericson by the end of junior year. This is the first time seeing him in years. Clementine did tell you before that he worked at the news station, but you never thought you'd see him.

Mitch: Hey....I just wanted to say sorry for all the times Marlon and I messed with you back in high school. That was weak, especially on my part.

You: It's all water under the bridge, man.

He smiles.

You: How's life treating you?

Mitch: It's good. You know....about a year ago my parents ended up adopting a kid.

You: Really?

He pulls out his wallet, and shows you a picture of a boy.

Mitch: His name is William. We call him Willy. He means the world to my parents....he means the world to me.

You smile.

You: He has a big brother to look up to.

Mitch nods, and puts his wallet away.

Mitch: Clementine told me that you're trying to get a job here?

You: Yeah.

Mitch: I have to talk with the big man himself right now. I'll make sure to put a good word in.

You: Thanks, Mitch.

He nods, and walks away.

You go over to Clementine.

Clementine: That went well.

You: Sure did. Want to get going?

She nods. Then suddenly, your spider sense goes off.

You hear a slight ticking noise at the wall behind Clementine. You quickly grab and shield her with your body as the wall explodes. The force launches the both of you near the camera equipment.

The two of you laid on the ground, Clementine still in your arms, as the Pterdacts squad flies in through the hole.

Badger: Employees of Channel 4 New York, we are Pterdacts.

Max and Lonnie began rounding up the employees including you and Clementine.

Badger: Please do not try anything....we will kill you.

Badger starts looking at the hostages.

Badger: Anybody know how to work a camera?

One of the men next to you raises their hand.

Max grabs him, and takes him to one of the news station cameras. Badger gets in front of it, and motions at the man to start rolling.

Badger: Authorities of New York City, we are Pterdacts. We are ex-CIA who have been trained in the wonderful arts of espionage and classified technology. Anything you think you can try on us, we know about it.