Chapter 14

RomanReigns: Gym days @itsmebayley

2,400,000 likes ~ 15,000 comments

---

Joe's POV

As I'm preparing to shoot a promo with Lia Copeland, I pull out my phone only to see an instagram notification. A deep sigh leaves my lips as I see that Amerie just posted on Instagram, I forgot that I still had her post notifications on.

"Roman?" I look up from my phone to see Lia standing there. "Hey, I was hoping that we could go over the promo before we start shooting."

"Sure

"Sure." I put my phone on silent before slipping it into my back pocket. "Uh, what exactly do you want to go over?"

Lia starts talking about our promo and I try to give her as many tips as I can but my mind is elsewhere. I'm thinking about my family which has just fallen apart.

"Look, I read that you and Amerie are no longer dating." My ears perk up at her words, I wasn't even aware that people knew. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No." I shake my head as the camera crew start approaching us. "I'm at work and I don't like to mix business with my personal life."

"Then we can talk about it after." Lia gives me a look. "I know that we don't know eachother like that but I'm sure that I can offer you some advice from the outside perspective."

As the day goes on, I find myself thinking on Amerie so I finally click on the notification which takes me to her latest instagram post.

My finger lightly traces over her beautiful face but I can't help but notice the difference in her. Her lips look fuller than usual but what captures my attention are her eyes which look hauntingly beautiful yet void of emotion.

AmerieSanchez: Looking forward to better days

3,200,000 likes ~ disabled comments

I go to look at the comments but I find that she has disabled them. If what Lia said was true then the whole world must be trying to get her attention. Amerie is quite the social media influencer so I'm sure that her phone has been blowing up since news broke. 

Since leaving over a week ago, I booked myself a month long stay in a penthouse suite at some fancy hotel. Instead of talking to Lia after the show, Colby and I drove over to Dwayne's time for some guy time. I was pretty happy to see Jason there, it's been a while since we have been in eachother's company.

 I was pretty happy to see Jason there, it's been a while since we have been in eachother's company

"How are you feeling?" Dwayne asks as he walks into the room with his daughter in his arms.

I fake a smile. "I feel good." 

"Cut the crap, Joe." Colby snaps and my smile drops.

"You need to get her back." Dwayne tells me as he sits opposite me. "Amerie is a very beautiful woman and it won't be long before somebody snatches her up."

"It's too soon." I rub the back of my neck. "She wouldn't move on, not like that."

"This is Hollywood." Dwayne gestures around and I know exactly what he means. People don't understand that Hollywood is more than just a place, Hollywood is a lifestyle that many of us are forced into.

"Yeah man." Colby takes a long sip of his beer. "It's been nearly two weeks since you guys split up."

"In Hollywood terms, she is free game." Dwayne continues. "She can move on if she likes, especially since you aren't making any moves to get back with her."

I groan at his words, "We were arguing so much. I've been wanting to leave for weeks, it had gotten to the point where we weren't even sleeping in the same room."

"What triggered the arguments?" Jason asks as he looks out the window.

"Anything and everything." I sigh as I take a sip of my beer. "After breaking up the first time, we just haven't been able to come back from it. Amerie doesn't get along with half of family since they supposedly called her all types of names when we broke u-."

"What did you say though?" Jason looks at me. "Did you defend your woman?"

"Or did you make her feel as if her feelings were irrelevant?" Dwayne gives me a knowing look. "From what I heard, you never put people in their place for disrespecting your woman. You let people disrespect her then you told her to get over it."

"Not cool dude." Colby grimaces. "I'm surprised she didn't kick you out."

"Right then, you showed Amerie that she cannot rely on you to defend her." Jason rubs his bottom lip with his right thumb and I look away from him.

Silence soon falls in the room as I reflect on what the guys just said and they are absolutely right. I always viewed Amerie as being strong enough to deal with her own that I never really spoke out in her defense. 

Sometimes I forget that all of this happened when she was pregnant with our sons. In the times that she needed us, we let her down. I let her down.

Dwayne takes in the sombre expression on my face, "What did you do? I can see it on your face, something else happened." 

I don't answer him for a moment as I think of something that occurred a couple of weeks ago. We chose not to disclose the information to anyone but it still breaks my heart.

"Shortly after her wild night..." I look down at the ground as I try to find the words. "We found out that we had a miscarriage."

"Jesus Christ." Colby covers his face at my words.

"Joe, I..." Dwayne is at a loss of words as he tightens his grip around his daughter who is staring up at him.

Jason doesn't say anything as he wraps his arms around him and for the first time in weeks, I begin to cry.

We never expected to get pregnant so soon after having our boys, hell we didn't even know about the pregnancy. A day or two after her night out, Amerie began experiencing some terrible cramping. 

Things went from bad to worse once Amerie started bleeding while we were on bed. We have never experienced a miscarriage before so we panicked and went to the ER. There was so much blood coming out of her and I was a mess trying to keep it together.

After finding out what happened, things changed and we unfortunately weren't able to make it past that.