Chapter 30

Today is the big day.

Joe and I did not want to wait another year before we got married so we planned out our entire wedding in a couple of weeks with the help of Mindy Weiss. Working with Mindy was a dream come true even though she is expensive as hell but it has all been worth it.

"You look beautiful." My mom tearfully tells me as she looks at me. "My baby girl is getting married."

"I need a shot or two." I joke as I look at myself in the mirror and my mom stands behind me. "I can't believe that it's finally happening."

"Well believe it because you're walking down the aisle in twenty minutes

"Well believe it because you're walking down the aisle in twenty minutes." My mom says and I nod my head as the tears threaten to spill. "Amerie, don't cry."

"It's your fault." I laugh, "I was doing just fine until you started tearing up besides me."

Trying to find a wedding dress for today was really hard but Joe suggested that we have a two part wedding. Our wedding tomorrow will be held early in the morning at the beach which has something to do with his culture and I am all for it.

"My next baby better be a girl because this dress has cost me far too much for it not to be passed down to someone." I say and we both start laughing because the price tag on this dress was no joke.

My bridesmaids soon make their way back into the room and they all start tearing up once they see me in my wedding dress. 

"Bitch, you look so expensive." Jordana tells me as she cries and I let out a small laugh.

"I better because this dress cost me more than I used to start up my business."

My bridal party consists of my closest friends. Sofia is my maid of honor which was to be expected but both of my sisters had an attitude with me for a bit and I had to remind them that they have been inconsistent in my life whereas Fia has been in my life the entire time.

Jordana, Bebe, Gabi Diamond and Nya Cage are my bridesmaids. I decided that having my sisters be apart of my wedding party was going to finish things for us so they are just part of the family of the bride crew.

"You look beautiful." Sofia softly tells me as we have a moment to ourselves. "If anybody deserves this day, it's you and I'm just so happy for you."

"Thank you." I try not to tear up as we embrace eachother.

Sofia is my oldest and dearest friend so having her here for this moment means everything to me. We have had a lot of the same struggles but these last few years have been so good to us. We're now moms, I'm getting married and she's engaged so this is a really turn around moment for us.

"We need to stick to the schedule guys." My mom interrupts our moment, "Let's take the pictures and get my daughter down the aisle."

Many pictures are taken in a span of twenty minutes which obviously leads to us running late but thankfully, the venue for the wedding is downstairs. Joe and I booked this gorgeous venue in Beverly Hills.