Chapter 6

Joe is away at work and I have finally gotten the twins to sleep so now I can just relax. My mother has an interview with Jimmy Kimmel so I head right to the theater room to watch it. 

"You have two daughters, Amelia and Amerie Sanchez." My mom nods her head. "You previously was married to Mario Lopez."

"I was and thank God that I'm not anymore." My jaw drops at her snide remark. 

"What led down to the marriage breaking down?" Jimmy Kimmel asks as he leans forward

"To simply put it, Mario cheated early on in the marriage. My girls don't really know this but shortly after we had Amerie, he cheated on me with another woman." My eyes widen in shock. "We were able to work through our differences since we have two children together but four years later I find out that he is expecting a child with another woman."

I shake my head as the audience react negatively.

"I gave him time to fess up to his actions and he tried to play it off as if his future child wasn't his so I just divorced him." A few people clap. "I gave my teenage years and 20s to this man who could not remain faithful to me."

I rub my lips together as I see the hurt in her eyes.

"I didn't know what I was going to do with two young girls but then I met Mark and I can happily say that we have been married for over a decade." I clap my hands together along with the audience. 

The interview turns to Mark before Jimmy asks about my sister and me.

"Both of your daughters are engaged." My mother nods her head. "Amerie is engaged to Roman Reigns who is a WWE Wrestler.

I ignore the cheers from the girls in the audience as an image of Joe appears on the screen.

"From what we have seen on their social media pages, they have recently welcomed twins." Jimmy smiles at my mom. "Congratulations on becoming a grandmother."

A smile grows on her face, "Thank you so much."

"What is it like to be a grandmother?"

"It is a gift." My mom sighs happily. "The twins are absolutely perfect and I am so proud of my daughter."

Jimmy then asks why we kept our pregnancy a secret and I can't help but roll my eyes. Everyone keeps asking us and it appears as if our answer is never enough so they always turn to our family.

"Since my daughter started dating Joe, she became more known internationally. Amerie went on to start her own fashion line which is very successful and it just became too much. Too many eyes were on the couple and since this was their first pregnancy together, they mutually decided to keep it private. I wanted my daughter to have a happy pregnancy and being in the limelight ruins that."

Jimmy looks down at his notes, "According to an interview that Joe did, the couple split up during the pregnancy."

"They did split up for a period of time when she was pregnant." My mom clears her throat. "I'm not going to talk about the reason behind the breakup because it doesn't concern anyone. I will say that even if they were not able to reconcile, I know that my daughter would have been ok."