Chapter 4

AmerieSanchez: Good Morning

AmerieSanchez: Good Morning. #MommyMorning the twins just got their shots done at the hospital and it was a very emotional moment for me as you can imagine.I'm just so happy to have an amazing man by the man side who is just great at being a father and a lover. 

2,500,000 likes ~ disabled comments

---

Nya Cage lets out a loud laugh as Joseph grabs her bottom lip. This is the third time that he has done it and it gets funnier every time.

Dwayne and Joe look around from the kitchen to see what has us giggling.

"I think he's trying to tell you something." Dwayne chuckles as Joseph reaches for Nya's lips again. "It's time to deflate those lips."

Nya flips him off without looking back and Dwayne bursts out laughing.

I give Thomas a kiss on the lips as he stares up at me. Unlike other parents, Joe and I are the only ones who are allowed to kiss our children on the lips.

Thomas attempts to smile as he starts waving his arms around us so I grab his one hand and I press it to my lips. As if he knows this, Joseph looks over at us and I do the same to his hand. The boys both start waving their hands in the air and I giggle as I feel my heart explode with love.

I look over at a heavily pregnant Nya, "I can't wait to see your baby. It's crazy to think that our babies will all be so close in age."

"I know." She smiles as she slightly adjusts Joseph so that she can rub her own stomach. "It's practically the waiting game from here so at any point, we can expect our baby."

I look over at Joe who winks back at me. 

Joe and Dwayne are currently making tacos in the kitchen since it's Taco Tuesday. I was planning to help out but the twins kept on crying so the boys have the job of cooking and making sure that everything looks good. 

"Smells like something is burning." I calmly say as I look at the guys who are play fighting. "LEATI!"

 "LEATI!"

"Oh shit." Nya and I shake our heads as the guys run back to the stove to check on the food. 

"I'm going to open up Postmates and start an order." Nya looks at me and I smirk, "Just in case."

"Relax." Dwayne looks over at us. "CAN YOU SMEL-"

"Volume." I hiss at him as Thomas starts squirming in my arms.

"WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?" Dwayne finishes off and Joe smacks the back of his head.

"That's what I thought." Nya purses her lips at him as Joseph starts crying. "Dwayne, take over."

"Yeah." I look at my man. "I'm about to show you how to really throwdown in the kitchen."

---

I try not to show my annoyance as I pick up Thomas for the seventh time in the last hour. I carry him over to my bed and I place him flat on my chest so that he can calm down. I have gotten used to the lack of sleep but I cannot deal with hearing the twins cry all night. 

Sometimes they just cry for no reason and it breaks my heart when I see their tiny faces scrunch up. It makes me feel like a bad mom when I don't know what to do which is why I'm glad that I live about ten minutes away from my mom.

"Do you need help?" Joe asks in a croaky tone as he wakes up from him sleep.

"I'm good." I sigh in relief as Thomas stops crying. "You have work in a couple of hours, just get some sleep."

"Ok." Joe kisses my shoulder before rubbing the back of Thomas' head.

Even though we had the twins a month ago, Joe is now back at work but on a part time basis. Thankfully he will not be touring to any cities longer than an hour away but I now have to figure out a way to get these babies on a schedule.

Iosefa and Tamati have Samoan names but I no longer call them that. I just refer to them as Joseph and Thomas because I have really been struggling to pronounce their names. I often find myself going to Google to figure out the pronunciation which is pretty embarrassing since I helped name them.

Joe and his side of the family call them by their given names which I'm fine with. My side of the family and friends refer to them by the English versions of their names. But Joe and I are looking to find a balance because I don't want the twins getting confused by us calling them different names.

Between the twins, Joseph is the more chill twin while Thomas likes to be held all the time. Sometimes if I come home to see Joe sleeping with the twins, I will sleep in a different room because I don't even know what it's like to sleep alone anymore.

Joe always cuddles me as we sleep and I have to sleep in the most uncomfortable positions because Thomas wants to sleep in my arms but I have to also watch Joseph. It's a lot but I love my boys more than life itself.

I look over at the crib to see that Joseph is fast sleep so I look down at my chest to see Thomas staring up at me with wide eyes.

"Hey Tommy." I kiss his head. "Why aren't you letting your mama sleep?"

Thomas scrunches his face up while waving his little hands in the air and I smile down at him. I pull his body up so that we are cheek to cheek and I feel my heart melt as he places his hand on my face.

My boys are perfect.

The crazy thing about the twins is that they both have different hair textures. Thomas has bone straight hair while Joseph has the most gorgeous curls forming around his head. It really helps us in telling them apart because they are identical twins.

I grab my phone and I put on nighttime lullabies to help Thomas get to sleep since we have to be up early to drive Joe to work. Once my boy finally falls asleep, I turn to grab the sleeping mat that I bought for him and I lay it besides me. 

I set a sleeping Thomas down on it before informing Joe that Thomas is sleeping besides us. I don't want him rolling over and crushing our son so I make sure that there is some distance between them before I drift off to sleep.