Chapter 6

Posted 2 hours ago 

Posted 2 hours ago 

AmerieSanchez: Hard work pays off, I am finally a homeowner. After years of sharing apartments with either my siblings or friends, I finally have my own home. My housewarming party will be taking place in a few weeks, I just need to sort out the house and go decor shopping. So excited for this new journey, will be vlogging for #SanchezSisters so stay tuned.

1,000,100 likes ~ disabled comments

---

I have finally received the keys to my new home and I feel so blessed. As expected, my family wanted to come down to view the house and of course, pray for the house. Since I knew that I wanted something quite permanent, I purchased a nice 5 bedroom home in Beverly Hills.

I still need to renovate the place to make it more my style but for the most part, it looks like a home and not something oversized. It cost me a hefty $7.9 million but I was able to convince them to give me more land so beyond my pool, I will be having the fences knocked down so that I can have access to the land that I bought. A plus to this home is that the previous owners built their own extravaganza beneath the home. It has everything from a gym, sauna to a freaking spa and even an indoor cinema.

 It has everything from a gym, sauna to a freaking spa and even an indoor cinema

I've been at this place for almost three hours, noting down everything that I plan to change and seeing where all my stuff will fit

I've been at this place for almost three hours, noting down everything that I plan to change and seeing where all my stuff will fit. Since I used to stay with Nikita prior to her moving to a new apartment and me getting this place, I have decided not to bring any of the furniture. I will just refurbish what I already here then buy whatever else I need. I smile as my sisters and dad turn up at the place, I let them in my house and they begin to 'oooh' at everything that they see.

I do wish that my mother would have came but she did let me know that she is likely to come tomorrow seeing as my father is here. My father cheated on my mother and that's how Nikita was born. Nikita, as much as I love her, was the product of infidelity. 

It's a real shame too because my dad adored the fuck out of my mom but he fucked up by having an affair with a different woman. My mom was and still is a bad ass bitch who kicked him to the curb and divorced his ass. She has since gotten remarried to an amazing man who I also call dad because he did help raise me. I spent the majority of my childhood living with my mom but you wouldn't guess that she is my mom because we look nothing alike. Amelia divided her time between our dad and mom, Nikita grew up with dad. Nikita's mom passed away a few months after Nikita was born and dad got remarried when Nikita was 2 years of age.

"It's beautiful." Amelia says in awe as I show them the backyard.

"Bitch, when my lease is up..." Nikita walks around with her arms in the air. "I'm moving in."

She wishes. 

I smile softly as my sisters go exploring the house while I stand outside with my dad

"Sp, what do you think?" I bite my lower lip as I wait for his response.

"I think that you have done an amazing job." He says with a smile and I beam at him. "It's a beautiful place with some latin heritage to it. I'm proud of you, Amerie."

"Thanks papi." He wraps his arms around me and we walk inside. His eyes light up as he takes in the decor which is actually one of the reasons why I was sold on this place, it's a Spanish home. Our culture, no matter where we are, means everything to us. Even though I don't speak Spanish as much and I am not all in touch with our culture, it is still a piece of our identity that I am proud to wear and display.

We all make light conversation as I order some pizza for us to eat since the fridge only has water in it.

"How's Courtney?" I ask my dad about his wife since I don't really know or socialise with her.

"She's good." My dad says with a smile before standing up and making an announcement. "We're expecting, guys."

My mouth drops open and Amelia furrows her brows at the news whereas Nikita looks clueless as ever.

"Expecting what?" 

"Courtney's pregnant." Amelia tells Nikita while biting the inside of her cheek.

"Oh my frick." Nikita lets out a squeal before pulling our dad in for a hug.

"Congratulations." I slowly say as I pull him in for hug which Amelia joins. 

"I am so happy, it's a boy." Our dad announces.

I don't say anything because I don't want to make the wrong comment.

"That's great." Nikita says with a smile. "Let's hope that this one stays a boy."

The room falls silent.

"That's not funny, Nik." I say as I take a seat.

You see, Nikita was not born Nikita. Nikita was born Alvaro Nico Sanchez. 

My sister Nikita is a transgender female.