Chapter 20

Posted 1 hours ago

Posted 1 hours ago

AmerieSanchez: Mirror, mirror on the wall

999,999 likes ~ 987 comments

---

Today is going to be an interesting day to say the least. My mom will be meeting Joe for the very first time, I will be meeting with Jordana to end this feud and hopefully mend our friendship.

"I can't believe that I'm about to meet your mom." Joe says with a worried expression on his face as we walk through the private park.

"No need to be worried, my mom is super duper dope and she loves you already." I say with a smile as I link our arms together. "You make me happy and that's all that matters."

"You make me happy." He cheesily says and I blush at his words.

We make small talk as we walk over a bridge and I smile as I spot my mom sitting down on a bench

"There's my mom." I point her out to Joe and he inhales sharply. "Don't get nervous, you've had an interview with her before."

"Yeah but I didn't know about you and we definitely was not dating." He responds and I laugh. "It's not funny, I just want to make a good impression on her."

"You will." I pinch his butt. "You made a good impression on me within minutes, if you can win me over then my mom will be a piece of cake."

Once we get to my mom she wraps her arms around me which makes me tighten my grip around her. My mom is my world and just being with her always makes me feel good.

"You look cute." I comment as I kiss her cheek.

"Thanks baby, you look beautiful

"Thanks baby, you look beautiful." I blush at her compliment as we pull away from eachother. 

My mom looks at Joe so I step back, interlacing our fingers together.

"Mom, this is my boyfriend Joe." She smiles at him. "Joe this is my beautiful mom, Kelly."

"Pleasure to meet you." Joe holds out his hands but my mom ignores it as she pulls him in for a hug. I stifle a laugh as I look at how tiny her body looks against his, she looks like a child.

"We do hugs around here." She says as she pulls away from him. "Thank you for making my daughter smile like it's her birthday everyday."

"Thank you for having her." Joe chuckles. "She makes everyday seem like it's Christmas, she makes me happy."

Joe and my mom spend the next twenty minutes getting to know eachother. We could have done this at my mom's place but the truth is, she doesn't know Joe well enough to let him into her home. My mom has to trust you before she lets you inside her house and I am the same way. 

"Do you see this relationship being long term or is this something to pass time?" I cringe at my mom's question.

"I definitely see myself being with Amerie, I feel as if I've been given another chance at love and I don't want to pass this up. I love your daughter with all of my heart and I know that she is the only one for me." I give his thigh a squeeze. "I love you Amerie."

"I love you too." I peck his lips before turning back to my mom. "Any more questions?"

"One. When will she be meeting your daughter?"

Oh God.

---

I sit opposite Jordana at some random lowkey bar

"You look cute." She comments and I give her a small smile.

"So do you, your waist looks snatched." 

"I'm sorry for being a bitch you, Amerie. I realised that I was jealous, I was jealous because I was used to be your number one until Joe came into the picture. It just wasn't an adjustment that I was ready to make." I take a sip of my pink gin. 

"But you know me, Jordana." I give her a look. "We have been friends for so many years, since the Bad Girls Club. We were fighting bitches together and we made it into modelling together, I have never ever thought about abandoning you. I love you too much to do that, you were my sister. When my sisters and I would fight, it was me and you against the world."

"I know and I screwed it up." She wipes away a stray tear. "I was just jealous because everyone always loves you, nobody wants me. I'm just the plastic doll on instagram who models for Fashionnova, that's all I am to people. Joe saw something else in you and I was scared that I would be alone."

"The thing is, you made it so that you were alone." I tell her. "I was trying to hook you up with Colby because I knew he was single and I knew that you liked him. I was the doll from Fashionnova too, I still am to so many people. I am so blessed to have been given this chance with Joe but it never meant that I would leave you behind. When I became a designer at Fashionnova, I still stuck by you. I took you on business trips with me because I wanted us to experience things together. What you did was not cool? You brought my family into things and you made me fight my sisters, I don't play with that shit. Then you and your sister tried jumping us, we almost lost our jobs."

My face changes to one of hurt as I stare at Jordana. 

"You tried to ruin me." I mutter while blinking back tears. 

"I know and I am so sorry." She cries. "I'm sorry for hurting you all, God I hate myself."

I stay silent as I stare at the table. 

Jordana and I have been through so much. As I much as I want to give her up, I still love her, she's still my little sis. I just can't have her as my right hand, she lost that right but I don't want to lose. Lord knows what she would do to yourself.

"I'm ready to move on." I tell her and she looks up at me with tears streaming down her face. "I'm ready to move forward, I can forgive you but I can't trust you as much as I did before. I'm tired of fighting, I've been fighting the whole world and I can't do it anymore." 

I hate myself for not being to hold back my tears. 

"I want you as my friends and maybe we can be sisters again." I place my hand over hers. "This is your final chance and if you screw me over again. You will regret ever knowing me and you better believe that."