Chapter 16

AmerieSanchez: New @TheDreams bodysuits are coming your way, stay tuned

2,000,000 likes ~ 11,000 comments

---

I just got back from a long day of work and thankfully the boys conked out on the ride back. Balancing work and the twins has not been easy at all but I am determined to make it work. I can't rely on Joe to be here when I call him since he went back to work on a full time basis.

We are not together but he is still Thomas and Joseph's father and I would never deny him the opportunity to see them. It only sucks because I won't get to see Joelle again unless we did a big group outing seeing as I am not her biological mother or step mother.

I hear a knock on the door and I let out a small sigh as I make my way over to it.

"Who is it?" I ask as I look through the peephole.

"Joe."

I freeze for a second before unlocking the door.

"Are you here to see the boys?" I open the door a little wider for him to enter the house that we bought together. A part of me is happy that he did not use his key but it also hurts because it shouldn't be like this.

"Yeah." He slides his hands into his pockets as he avoids eye contact with me.

"Alright. I already packed everything that they need for the night." I gesture to the suitcase besides the door. It has been some weeks since we have separated and although we aren't on talking terms, I do make sure that the boys see their father. 

Whenever he has plans to keep them overnight or spend a day with them, I make sure to pack the bags in advances. It makes our awkward talking time shorter and the transition a whole lot easier.

Since they are going for the night, I spent three days pumping before storing the milk in the freezer.

"There should be enough milk to last them through the rest of the day and night." I pick up a large baby bag and I hand it to him.