Chapter 36

AmerieSanchez: It's finally time for me to announce that @Fashionnova and I have officially parted ways

AmerieSanchez: It's finally time for me to announce that @Fashionnova and I have officially parted ways. I have worked with the company for over 7 years and it has been the greatest years of my life. Now that I have started my own business @TheDreams I need to put my all into it and I can't do that if I am still working with Fashion nova. I am forever grateful to them for kick starting my career and for all the opportunities that I have been given  but I am so excited for the future with The Dreams.

4,000,000 likes ~ 29,012 comments

---

I parted ways with Fashionnova over a week ago but I could not make an official announcement due to my contract. It feels good knowing that it is out in the open because I am ready to put my all into my own business.   

At Fashionnova I worked as a designer and model for many years. Once I started The Dreams, I had my contract changed so that I could only work as a model but I found that they were trying to use me for the design aspects while paying me as a model. It wasn't something that I was happy about so I decided to permanently leave the job and they were obviously salty about it but I have bigger things to worry about.

I haven't had a monthly check up in three months so I decided to go in today to make sure that I am healthy. I started doing monthly check ups after I turned 20 because someone told me that I had a lump on my breast so I got tested for cancer. It turned up negative but it made me hyper aware that I need to start taking better care of my body and health. 

Over the last three months I have been extremely stressed with my business and Joe's diagnosis. I have been spotting almost every day and I have started losing hair so I need to make sure that I am ok.

Jordana looks over at me, "Why did they make you pee in a cup?"

"Probably to test for something." I shrug my shoulders. 

"I don't know."

As we wait on the doctor to come back to the office, we start talking about work. For some reason this appointment is taking far longer than usual and I had to call to cancel our lunch reservations because we were not going to make it.

 For some reason this appointment is taking far longer than usual and I had to call to cancel our lunch reservations because we were not going to make it