Chapter 37

AmerieAnoai: Curly hair for the Floridian weather

2,500,000 likes ~ 11,200 comments

---

Joe invited his family over to the house this morning to tell them that I'm having twins and it was nice to see them crack jokes with him. I don't like to say that I hold grudges but I haven't forgotten how some of his family treated me when we broke up during our first pregnancy.

I will always be cordial with them but I will not give them a place in my heart because they really hurt me. Joe may be the baby to them but I would never intentionally hurt him so having them insult me and shut me out really hit deep.

Before Joe could leave for work, I had him take his family back to wherever they came from because I'm not trying to spend any solo time with them. If they were to suddenly gang up on me, I would have no one here to defend me.

"What the hell are you doing?" I purse my lips at Galina who is standing at my door. "If you are looking for Joelle then yes, she is here."

"I'm not here for Joelle." Galina rubs her lips together as I give her an unbothered look.

"My husband is not here." I lean close to her. "And if you ever try to steal him from me again, I will fuck you up."

"I'm not here to fight." She holds her hands up in surrender. "I'm here to speak with you."

"We're speaking."

Galina sighs in frustration, "Are you always this difficult?"

"Only with people I extremely dislike." I smile at her. "Now tell me something nice so I can slam the door in your face."

Thomas and Joseph are currently taking their afternoon nap in the living room since they are not completely familiar with the house and Joelle is there watching TV.

"Please." Galina places her hand on the door to stop me from closing it. "We really need to talk."

I shut the door in her face before running over to Joelle who is fully immersed in the movie that she is watching and I inform her that I will be stepping out to talk to a neighbour. I take my time heading back outside where Galina is entering her car and I sigh deeply.