Chapter 20

AmerieSanchez: A short yet sweet open letter to my mom and dad

There are no words to describe what you mean to me but during my trying times, you guys have stepped up as my parents and the grandparents to my children. You have always been there for me but this year has left me feeling in debt to you and I don't know how to repay you both for what you have done. The boys adore you and we're so blessed to have you in our lives.

Joseph, Thomas and I are so lucky to have you x

5,000,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

Waking up to Joe after months apart felt so weird yet so right. Regardless of what people say or think, we do belong together. We have been stupid in unfollowing eachother on social media but I'm grateful that we have never publicly spoken bad about eachother.

 We have been stupid in unfollowing eachother on social media but I'm grateful that we have never publicly spoken bad about eachother

"I don't know how I survived without you." Joe mumbles as he pulls my body close to his. "You're my whole world."

"And you're mine." We share a sweet yet passionate kiss. "Don't ever leave me again."

 "I won't." Joe looks into my eyes. "I promise."

I need to make him work for me after everything that we have been through but it's hard because I love him so much. He is the only man that I have ever loved and he is the father of my two children. I don't want to lose him again.

"We need to work on our communication." I tell him. "If we can't do that then we need to seriously consider therapy because we cannot go back to that dark place. You have changed so much over the years and this year you scared me. You put your hands on me, you let people disrespect me and never spoke a word against it. I don't want to be afraid of my husband."

"I know." He grabs my hand and places it over his heart. "Everything that I did was fucked up and I'm sorry for putting you through all of that."

"What was wrong?" I ask as I look into his eyes and he shuts them, not allowing me to read his emotions. "Was it the miscarriage?"