40

3rd Person Pov:

"Did you find them?" "No, keep looking!" said some voices through the communication device that Isabella held. She asked: "Those children haven't appeared at the bridge yet?" One of the other voices answered: "Not yet. Leave no stone unturned. Find them!" Isabella thought for a second. "Why? Could they be..." Without wasting another second, she jumped up, starting to run immediately.

"Just six more!" called Don. "Emma, what should I do?" asked Jemima, clearly afraid. She turned around to face the orange haired girl, saying: "My hands... I'm sorry! When I think that there's a cliff below..." She started crying. Lanni and Thoma both looked down the cliff, suddenly getting second thoughts. "I start to think... What if I fall?" "Fall?" repeated Lanni, now scared, too. Emma gasped lightly at them. She started to panic slightly, but lifted Jemima into her arms, saying: "It's fine, Jemima. Let's cross together." Ray pulled the rope out that was still in Emma's backpack, using it to tie Jemima to Emma. He then faced Lanni and Thoma, saying: "What about you guys? Don't tell me you can't do this." They both looked at each other, saying: "W-We'll be fine!" "Y-Yeah, super easy!" Emma smiled at him, saying: "Thank you. Now, let's go, Jemima." With that, Emma jumped off, sliding towards the other children. Once there, she comforted Jemima, telling her that they made it safely.

(Y/N) Pov:

Ray and I pushed off Lanni and Thoma, watching as they safely made it to the other side. "That only leaves us." noted Ray. I nodded, then took a step back from the cliff. "I-I might... I'm afraid of-" Ray cut me off by saying: "Then let's go together, too." I blushed a bit, but nodded anyways. "Thank you. I'm sorry." "Don't apologize." He then took a few steps towards me, saying: "You... What I said earlier..." He was blushing, looking to the side. My cheeks heated up immediately as I started to fidget with my hands. "Y-Yes..." I said. "(Y/N)." he said, taking a deep breath. I looked up at him, saying: "Ah, I nearly forgot to say it. Ha-" He cut me off, by putting his lips on mine. I closed my eyes, kissing back. As soon as we separated, we were both blushing madly. He said: "I meant what I said. I really do love you, (Y/N)." I hugged him, saying: "I-I... I love you, too, Ray." while stuttering a little. "Happy Birthday." He smiled, returning the hug. He then placed the hanger on the rope, saying: "Hold on tight." I was about to do that, when I noticed something, rather, someone. I looked to the side, immediately taking a few steps back. "M-Mama..." I said, looking at her with wide eyes. She was breathing heavily. Did she... run all this way? "(Y/N)." said Ray, snapping me out of my trance. I looked at him, then Mama, saying: "Mama... Our deal is off, then." As she calmed down, she said: "I can see that." "What deal?" asked Ray, taking my hand and pulling me into his chest. I answered: "I made a deal with Mama wheter or not I'm going to be a Mama myself." His eyes widened as I continued: "It all depended on two things. One of them being the escape itself. The other being you." "Me?" I nodded, saying: "If you were shipped out today... It would all depend on what you would've said to me. If you would've told me to live, I wouldn't even be hesitating to become a Mama." "(Y/N)." said Mama, making me look back up at her. "Don't go, (Y/N)." she said, looking at me with pleading eyes. I hugged myself closer to Ray, shaking my head. Her violet eyes widened before they softened. She smiled at us, saying: "Then let me tell you something, okay?" We patiently waited for her to continue, which she did. "My sweet (Y/N)... I wasn't able to save Leslie, but you can still keep Ray safe. Don't make the same mistake I did." My eyes widened. Leslie... That means the story she told me was... I teared up as I nodded, saying: "I-I will." "And Ray, protect (Y/N) and everyone for me, okay?" Ray tensed up at her words, but nodded anyways. "Thank you for everything, Mama. I'm sorry." I said, tightening my grip around Ray once more as he jumped from the edge, both of us sliding down the rope. I kept my eyes closed, listening to Ray's heartbeat. The cold wind picked up my hair, makin it fly around us. It didn't take long until we were back on solid ground. I let go of Ray, with him taking my hand in his. Natt, Don, and Anna cut the rope, so that no one else could get over here the way we did. I looked up at Mama one last time, whispering: "I'm sorry..." before all of us turned around, starting to run.

Isabella Pov:

I undid my hair, letting it fall around me. My eyes were fixed on the spot where my dear children just left. This reminds me... The day I discovered this cliff. (Y/N), Ray... You two shouldn't end up like Leslie and I. You were meant to be together. I started humming Leslie's song.

Hearing that song for the first time...

Listening to you playing it everyday...

And then... Having to see you leave...

The way you smiled at me. Right before you left...

All those nights I kept on crying afterwards...

Discovering the cliff...

All until I became a Mama.

When I heard Ray humming that same song...

He asked me: "Why did you give birth to me?"

"It was for survival. Longer than anyone." I had answered.

"But I guess I've had enough.

I lost."

I took the rope from the trees, saying: "Go on. Please be careful. And I pray that you will find light." I waved one last time before returning to the children that were waiting for me. Once there, Phil was the first one to notice me. He asked: "Mama?" I smiled at him, saying: "Don't worry. They escaped safely." The other children quickly ran up to me, saying: "Mama!" "You must have been so cold and lonely." I said, making sure that all of them had a blanket to sleep outside for the night, still smiling, humming that dear song of ours.

3rd Person Pov:

The children that made it out managed to run through the forest, watching as the sun rose. Ray tightened his grip on (Y/N)'s hand, saying: "We did it." She smiled, a few tears rolling down her cheeks. "Y-Yeah..." she breathed out, watching the sunrise before them. Ray gently brushed her tears away, asking: "Hey, why are you crying?" She merely shook her head as an answer, then said: "W-We can do this." "Yeah. Let's go, everyone!" called Emma, smiling brightly.

 Let's go, everyone!" called Emma, smiling brightly

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This was it with season one.

This chapter took me a bit longer to write than usual, because I needed it to be perfect (for me, at least)^^

I hope you enjoyed the story so far, and still will with the second season.

I thank everyone that read to this point. Also, thank you for voting and writing comments. I read all of your comments and... Thank you all for your support <3

I think I said it before, but it makes me so happy that so many people enjoy reading my book.

Anyways, see you next week with a new chapter in a new season of the Promised Neverland!

Picture from:

https://www.wallpapertip.com/de/hmxJTx/

Second picture from:

https://pinterest.pt/pin/816207132449989657/