23

011145

3rd Person Pov:

"I know that Ray can handle Mama, but what about (Y/N)? Will she be able to distract Sister long enough?" asked Don. Gilda added: "Yeah, if she finds out, we'll be shipped out immediately, right?" "Don't worry. (Y/N)'ll be just fine." answered Norman, smiling slightly at them. Then, just in that moment, Sister Krone stepped out from the trees she was hiding behind. The four siblings stopped as Norman asked: "Do you need something?" Krone smiled at them, saying: "I saw it." Emma gasped as Krone continued: "I was watching the whole thing! Talking in the dining hall last night, all of you! The ones who know the secret about this House are Norman, Emma, Ray, Gilda, Don, and my precious (Y/N). The six of you." 'Even (Y/N)? So she really did know.' thought Norman. "I know what you're thinking, Norman. I've been told that you and (Y/N) were the closest to being real siblings, and yet..." His blue eyes widened at the Sister's words. "You kept her distant, no, you distanced yourself from her. And if I recall right, there was no reason for you to act like you did. You two never fought with each other, you didn't even have any differences in opinions. The next thing I could think of was... that you tried to keep Isabella's eyes on you, so that she would overlook your little companion." She then turned herself around multiple times, holding a hand out to Emma. "So... Since I know that you know the secret... would you like to join forces?" Emma's eyes widened. "Join forces?" asked Gilda, holding onto Emma. Then, Norman took a step towards the Sister, saying: "Don't worry everyone. Everything's fine. Right, (Y/N)?" The (h/c) haired girl stepped out of the bushes, smiling slightly. Krone's eyes widened as she gasped lightly. "Now I see..." she said to herself, almost whispering. (Y/N) walked next to Norman, smiling at Krone. She said: "We'll hear you out." With that, Krone laughed lightly, saying: "That's right. We should cooperate together so we can achieve our goals." She smiled brightly, embracing (Y/N) in a tight hug. Then, she turned serious again. "You all want to escape. I want to become the Mama of this House. I want to drag Isabella down from her position as Mama, and seize that position for myself."

(Y/N) Pov:

Don asked: "Mama's position?" Sister Krone let go of me, and I quickly held onto Norman's arm, hugging him close to me. Even with this plan... I'm scared. But... Just as Norman thought, Sister Krone knew that I know the secret. "Just to clarify, those are my true intentions. I also want to break free from this situation." With that, Sister Krone showed us the side of her neck. A number?! We gasped as she smiled at us. 18684. That's her number? Wait, then she's been at this House, too? So there's another way to become an adult than to escape?! Someone patted my head, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Norman smiling at me, as to reassure me that it's all right. I returned the smile with a nod, then turned to Sister Krone, who asked: "Do you know about the management system here?" None of us answered. She took that as a clear 'no' and explained: "Girls who fulfill certain conditions and live until 12 years old are presented with two paths when they're about to be shipped. To continue and die, or aim to become a Mama." So basically I- Don interrupted my thoughts by asking: "What are the conditions?" "Scores above a certain number and the Mama's recommendation. If you can meet these two requirements, you can survive without escaping. If you're a girl." answered Sister Krone. Then, she took my hand, smiling weirdly again. "I bet you could definitely become a Mama, my precious (Y/N)." Her smile never left as she stared right into my eyes, saying: "But I don't recommend it." My eyes widened slightly as I took a step back, hiding behind Norman. "A-And why's that...?" I silently asked. She answered: "Your body will never be able to leave this area." She pulled her clothes a bit down, reveling her collarbone. A scar? "What's that?" asked Emma. "There's a chip inside. If an adult steps one foot outside of the farm, an electric current will be sent through this and their heart will stop." That means that once we're out, none of the adults can come after us. Which would only leave the Demons... Sister Krone continued: "At the same time, if something else makes their heart stop, then it acts as a transmitter that notifies the higher-ups." "So we couldn't kill the adults after all." noted Norman. Sister Krone smiled, then started to walk in a line in front of us. She said: "I can only live inside the farms. That's why I want to live the best possible life here." Emma gritted her teeth as Sister Krone continued: "As a Mama. Even if it's fake, it's a life for humans. But to get that, Isabella is in the way. If you all escape, she will be blamed. I won't get in your way. Escape. That will become a benefit for me." "You're not going to ship us out?" asked Gilda. "I won't. Let's cooperate!" I could feel the pressure starting to rise within me as Don and Gilda gasped. Emma only stared at her, while Norman smirked. This was his plan. He wanted to take Sister Krone on our side or rather, use her for information. "Let's work together." said Sister Krone, holding a hand out for Norman to shake. He reached out to shake it, but was interrupted by Emma, who said: "Wait." My eyes widened once more as Emma walked in front of Norman, saying: "Let me verify one thing with Sister." "What is it?" asked Sister Krone immediately. "What's your guarantee that you won't betray us?" asked Emma in a poisonous tone. "You won't trust me?" "Just answer!" Sister Krone looked at me, saying: "It's Ray." Ray? "If Ray tells this to Mama, you can crush me. But if I tell Mama that Ray's been a double agent, I can crush him." "But-" I said, but quickly covered my mouth. Sister Krone smiled at me, then continued: "That's why neither of us will betray the other. We can't. That's fine, right?" She leaned closer to Emma. Emma took a few seconds to think, then said: "Okay." "Then we have a deal." This time, Norman and Sister Krone shook hands, as to seal the contract. As soon as they let go, Sister Krone smiled, saying: "I'll also share any other information that only I know about. It's proof of my friendship. Why don't you come to my room tonight?" With that, she walked away, leaving us alone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://pinterest.ch/pin/798122365203585951/?nic_v2=1aGuxcJqk