24

Time skip: later that day

Ray Pov:

I looked out of the window, watching as the Sister played with the younger kids. "She wants to live the best possible life, huh? She was even one of us, too. She doesn't care at all about the lives of us children!" ranted Emma. Gilda said: "But she said she won't ship us out." "It's not that she won't. She can't." noted Norman quickly. "But if she really wanted us to escape safely, she just needs to assist us quietly at the right time." said (Y/N), shifting even closer to me. We sat on the table, our hands intertwined with each other. She continued: "She's giving us information in order to gain our trust." "Why does she want our trust?" asked Don, glancing at her before looking back at Norman. Norman answered: "She wants evidence that shows our rebellion. In other words, she's in a position where the higher-ups won't trust her without reliable evidence. Unlike Mama, she doesn't have the authority to ship us out." "Evidence..." trailed Gilda off. Don asked: "Hey, what if she finds the rope we hid in the tree?" "It's fine. We can say various excuses to explain the rope. Like we were going to use it to play with. But-" I cut him off: "We're doomed if she finds the equipment that breaks the tracking devices." (Y/N) hummed lightly, then said: "That'd be evidence we couldn't talk ourselves out of." Don and Gilda both gasped, so I said: "Don't worry. I won't make that kind of mistake. Besides, it's not finished yet." "If we have her believe that we don't know where the tracking devices are, or how to break it, there shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure Sister would believe us if we play the cards correctly." "That means... we can't make even a single mistake." added (Y/N), putting her head on my shoulder. I gently stroked her hair as Gilda asked: "Are you really going to go? You're dealing with that Sister Krone! It sounds nice that she'll tell us anything we want to know, but..." "Rather, why do we have to join forces with her?" asked Don. "Does it give us an advantage?" Norman simply answered: "If we use her well, we might obtain some information. And that's one less person getting in our way. Then we can focus on investigation." The room fell silent. Then, Emma walked up to Gilda, smiling at her. "We have to use every opportunity we can." she said, putting her hands on Gilda's shoulders, smiling brightly. Norman looked at me and (Y/N), then put a hand on Don's shoulder, nodding at him. He returned it, smiling slightly. I stared into (Y/N)'s (e/c) eyes, while she did the same. Amazing. Every time I look into her eyes, I could get lost. That pure (e/c) color... Then, my eyes shifted down towards her pink lips. If I could just- "Ray, can I talk to you?" asked Norman, interrupting my thoughts. I looked at him, slightly glaring since he disturbed a nice moment. He saw the look in my eyes and added: "I want to discuss the steps for the investigation." "Sure." I replied. He started to walk out of the room. I sighed lightly, gently removing (Y/N)'s head from my shoulder. She smiled at me as I went after Norman. He better have some useful information or I'll get mad.

3rd Person Pov:

Emma turned to her two younger siblings, saying: "I have a favor to ask of you two."

Meanwhile, their Mama went to the front gate, a light in her hand. Her violet eyes were fixated on the package that laid on the ground in front of the bars. She didn't hesitate to take it with her.

Back in her office, she carefully opened the package, a blank expression on her face. Inside it was a suitcase, a letter, and a smaller box.

(Y/N) Pov:

I nodded at Emma and Norman, who did the same. Then, I knocked at the door. After a few seconds, it opened to reveal Sister Krone. She smiled creepily at us, inviting us in. I let the other two go in first, before stepping into her room as well.

In there, Sister Krone was holding a doll that looked like it had been torn apart, then fixed multiple times. "What do you want to know? Go ahead. Ask me anything." she said, smiling at us three. With that, the doll's head fell backwards, so that it was smiling at us upside down. Instinctively, I hid behind Norman, grabbing his shirt tightly. Norman, giving me a quick glance, asked: "Really, anything?" Sister Krone answered immediately: "Yes. Whether it be about the farm or about the headquarters..." "Then..." started Norman. Emma finished: "Show us that thing. The tool that receives the signal from our tracking devices." Sister Krone looked at us with a shocked expression before smiling again, saying: "Sure. Here." She then walked over to us, handing the pocket watch to Norman. I peeped over his shoulder to get a look on it. A simple map with lights. The lights are for us children, right? That's- My thoughts were cut off by Sister Krone, who asked: "See? Doesn't it look simple?" I said: "It shows our location, but not who is who." "As sharp as always, my precious (Y/N)~ That's right. So you knew about the tracking devices?" I looked up at her, my heartbeat quickening. We can't make a single mistake. Norman casually answered: "Yes. Mama showed us once. But I don't know where it is or how to break it." "Sister, do you know?" asked Emma. "Yes. They're located in your ear. The left ear. Around here." She answered while pointing at her own ear. I quickly touched my left ear, then saw that the other two didn't do the same. But that's- We're doomed! If you want to pretend that you don't know where it is, then-! Norman! I thought you'd get that! I took a few, sharp breaths, careful as to not alarm Sister Krone. I closed my eyes, going through my thoughts. This is bad, really. Now she knows that we knew where it was. Which means that she knows that we lied. And that means that she figures that we might know how to break the tracking devices. Because if we didn't know, why would we lie about not knowing where it was? I opened my eyes again, trying everything to keep my pokerface. This really is... bad.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://pin.it/3CwPb4t