38

Just to let you know, chapter 40 will be the last one for season one!

I'm so excited to write along the second season.

I just watched the first episode and I'm in love with the opening!!

Enough of my talk.

Let's continue this!

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

Isabella smiled as she looked at the date. "Happy birthday. Goodbye." she said to herself. Then, she heard someone screaming: "Ray!" Her eyes widened as she quickly left her room. She found the source of the screams, stopping in front of the doors. "What is this smell?" she asked herself before opening the door. The sight of the bright flames shocked her for a moment. In front of her sat a girl on the ground, crying her eyes out. She was screaming "Ray!" over and over again. Isabella eyed the girl, then the flames. "Ray?" She put two and two together before kneeling down next to the child, saying: "(Y/N)!" (Y/N) looked at her through teary eyes, saying: "M-Mama! Ray... Help Ray! He-He's in there!" She then covered her eyes, crying more. Isabella looked at the flames before checking her pocket watch. It clearly showed the signals of two children, them being Ray and (Y/N). "Did he set himself on fire?" she asked, then rushed towards the other children. It didn't take long, since Gilda came running towards her. "Mama!" "Gilda, take everyone outside! Also please get the babies in my room!" ordered Isabella. "Okay!" Isabella then grabbed a fire extinguisher, going back to the fire. She said: "If I can... at least get his brain... (Y/N), stay back!" "Ray!" she cried out once more. The fire extinguisher didn't work, so Isabella tossed it to the side, asking: "Why aren't the sprinklers working? (Y/N), you need to get out of here, too. Or else, you'll also..." She stopped talking as she noticed that the girl had left. "(Y/N)?" She took another look at her pocket watch, then followed the signal. What she saw there was nothing else than a bucket. She moved it to the side, discovering a human ear. With that, realization hit her. "What were those children... wearing on their feet?" she asked herself.

Meanwhile, Emma covered the bleeding spot where her ear was just a few minutes ago. It was her decision to rip it off. She said that they didn't have time to remove her tracking device. But now, she and (Y/N) both ran through the forest. "Oh, they're here. Emma! (Y/N)!" called a child, smiling at them. "Thanks for waiting, everyone." said Emma, while (Y/N) just smiled, wiping the last few tears away. Ray stood behind the smaller children, watching (Y/N) with wide eyes.

A little while ago:

(Y/N) Pov:

"But now it's time to say goodbye. And... I love you, (Y/N)." My eyes widened once more as he let go of the match. My heartbeat quickened. Emma was quick to react, but I was quicker. I ran towards him, trying to grab the match. It somehow landed with the flame on my wrist. I felt how it burnt my skin before it went out, but I didn't care. "Nice catch." said Emma, smiling with a relieved expression. "You..." said Ray, staring at me with wide eyes. "You could hurt yourself like that!" he exclaimed with shock. I smiled at him, hugging him tightly. "You idiot! Think more before doing something so reckless!" I could feel his confused eyes on me, so I said: "Even if you were to burn to death here, don't you think Mama would go after us? I mean, Emma and I are both perfect scorer, too. She'd go after us and ship one of us out as a replacement." He stiffened as I said that. He never thought about it like that, huh? "Besides, I'm not going to let you die." I said. Then, a pair of knocks was heard from the door. Emma went to open it, reviling Lanni and Thoma. Thoma gave her a box, saying: "I brought what you asked for, Emma." "And everyone's already good to go." "Thanks, Thoma and Lanni." They brought everything over, with Emma saying: "Okay, Ray. Get changed."

As soon as he finished, Emma said: "Then next is-" Ray cut her off: "Wait. (Y/N), Emma, I'm..." I tightened my fists before saying: "I'll do it, Emma." Emma nodded, and I brought my fist up, lightly hitting his chest. "Do you still want to die, you idiot?" I asked, staring into his dark green eyes. "Stop complaining. We're escaping now!" I said, looking to the ground. "I'm sorry, but... I just can't lose you." I felt his eyes staring at me while I did so. "Emma, we're done here!" called Lanni and Thoma. "What is this?" asked Ray, eyeing the items that laid on the ground. Lanni answered: "Your replacement." "It'll create a certain smell." added Thoma. Ray's eyes widened as he noticed the hair. "Those braids..." "Anna gave them to me." said Emma. "Lastly, the tracking device." I nodded, taking the scalpel from her. I looked up at Ray, saying: "I'll take yours out, okay?" "Is this..." he asked, but Emma said: "'You can die anywhere, and it doesn't have to be here. I'll show you something cool, so shut up and come.' A message from Norman." Ray asked: "Huh? Norman?" I nodded, saying: "Yeah. Norman and I planned this for quite some time now. It was me who discovered that you planned to die to help us escape. And Norman helped me with the plan. And with the pen that I got from Sister Krone, we'll have a starting point once we're out." I hugged him once more, saying: "But now, let me remove your tracking device." Ray looked to the side, nodding. After I removed it, he took the scalpel, saying: "Your turn." I pulled my hair back and bit my lip to endure the pain. "I'm sorry." he said. "I really was an idiot."

present:

3rd Person Pov:

"Okay everyone, let's escape. We'll run to the wall!" said Emma, her ear now patched up. The children started running. Except for Ray. (Y/N) stopped in her tracks, then took his hand to pull him with her. She said: "Think about everything later, okay? You said it yourself, we only have this one chance." He hesitated, but nodded and followed.

Back at the House, Isabella wanted to contact the headquarters. But the children thought about that, too, and stuffed the keyhole to the communication room.

Ray couldn't help but to wonder, so he asked: "Hey, (Y/N). What's going on? Do they all know about the House and the escape?" (Y/N) said: "Yeah." while trying her best to keep up with the others. She didn't train as much as they did. "How?" Don joined their conversation by answering: "Emma told them about it. At first, we told four. Natt. Anna. Lannion. Thoma. We let them hear what Sister said." "Since that far back?" "For the rest, we spent two months slowly recruiting them in. Mama probably didn't even notice at all. That Emma was only pretending to have given up, but was actually giving everyone instructions." "What about you, (Y/N). You were with me those whole two months. So how did you...?" (Y/N) grinned, answering: "I was pulling the strings in the background. Norman told you that I was his ace, right?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/489977634464444103/