69

3rd Person Pov:

After the whole introduction of everyone, Emma asked them: "Are you all escapees, too?" "Nope." was Violet's quick answer. They then showed her and (Y/N) all of their marks, which were on their chests.

"All of us were taken here, as live game." said Oliver, looking over the two new girls. Paula, the girl with the cloth covering her mouth, added: "Just like the other newbies you've seen." Oliver then finished: "And we're all from Grand Valley, the plantation that Lord Bayon manages as a purveyor."

"Grand Valley, one of the other high-grade farms." muttered (Y/N), making Emma nod. The boy with white hair and a single strand of red in it, Oliver, explained: "The other kids supplied here are almost always from Grand Valley, too. We think it must be the only one where Bayon has any influence. Including you two, there's only four kids from other farms."

"And you are the first ones from Grace Field." noted Paula, folding her arms in front of her chest. Gillian smiled brightly, adding: "And you're real escapees, even!" Oliver said: "This place is just as you've seen. A playground where monsters hunt humans. Every few days they come as if on a whim, hunting us in the morning."

The boy with the hat and goggles on, Nigel, put a box filled with firearm in front of the two escapees. Oliver said: "It's all a game for them. They have their jolly little hunt, replenish the losses, and it repeats."

"This is...?" asked Emma, gesturing towards the weapons. Nigel, having a dark look in his eyes, said: "These are the toys they gave for us to play with!" The blue haired girl, Sonja, said: "They somehow appear to be un-killable, so they themselves gave us these."

"The most of our comrades went so far as to fight them with these in hand... and died. Then again, many more children can't get their bearings in time before they can even understand what's happening, never mind even trying to hold a weapon, they lose their lives." said Oliver, picking up a smaller hand gun.

(Y/N) looked at him sympathetically. They're from farms, too, and they have to deal with this twisted, dark game? Poor children. "We endured death continuously surrounding us, and found reason to keep on survivin'. That is... We are going to destroy this playground with our own hands." told Oliver, his expression turning cold at the end of his little speech.

"We're going to kill all of them! Every. Single. One." Zack, the boy wearing the bandana, said: "Because the hunting ground is a secret, their number is limited, too." "The other monsters don't know about this place, and they can't afford to let them know. The poachers don't call reinforcements, even if this is found out, it would take a while before anyone took action." explained Sonya, looking over to the two girls.

"We will kill them all, and take everyone to a human village." noted Oliver. (Y/N) perked up at that. A human village? "I'm fed up with swallowing sacrifices, and just running away! It's about time for the payback! We want your help. You who know the truth and still dare to face them." exclaimed Oliver, holding a hand out to (Y/N).

She looked up at him, contemplating on what to do. Sure, destroying this playground won't be easy, but... She lightly smiled up at the white haired boy, saying: "O-Okay. We'll join you.", shaking his hand.

She then asked: "B-But where did you learn all that from?" Oliver immediately understood her question, answering: "A certain someone told us." "Yeah. We're all his agents, basically. His hands and feet." added Sandy.

Pepe said: "The only adult here." Gillian held a finger to her lips, saying: "His existence is a secret, okay?" "He's unaccounted for." said Paula. In that moment, a tall man with fire red hair stood in the door, a walking stick in hand.

(Y/N) watched his every move closely, contemplating whether or not to trust him. "Nice to meet you two. I'm Lucas." he told them in a deep, calm voice. (Y/N)'s eyes widened slightly. Lucas. She had heard that name before. It was a name that Mister had called out right before passing out. He also mentioned it to her while they were talking once.

"You got a pen, right?" asked Lucas, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Let's talk about William Minerva." "We'll be taking our leave, then." said Oliver, and him and his friends left after Lucas had thanked them for their consideration.

The two girls went with him to another room. On their way, Emma couldn't hold it in anymore. She asked: "Uhm, excuse me, but... are you from Glory Bell? Could it be that you've came from B06-32... And you're a friend of..." she trailed off, still not knowing the man's name.

Lucas didn't look at her as he said: "The gear you're wearing... I figured you must've been to B06-32, too." "Then..." "Yes, I knew... But what I most wanted to know... I'm terrified of asking. It's been over 13 years already... Is he still alive...?"

Emma simply nodded, while (Y/N) was close to tears, happy to hear that Mister still had someone left. Lucas himself was holding back his tears, saying: "I see... That's great... I'm happy, that's great...!"

(Y/N) Pov:

We sat at a table, Emma and I on one side, and Lucas on the other. He said: "Looking at me must be off-putting. Sorry about that." I just shook my head while Emma said: "No, not at all."

I smiled sadly, saying: "I-I'd really like to tell Mister that you're still alive." Lucas looked at me as I continued: "He thought you were already dead. He thought he had lost everyone. I-If I tell him this, maybe he'll even smile..." He smiled sadly at me, saying: "You're a good kid. Thank you for taking care of him. But... I'm the only other one who managed to escape alive. And, at that time, I thought I was dead, too."

He then proceeded to tell us how he got injured by that Leuvis, and how a mysterious girl had saved him, showing him the place we were at right now. It's a safe place that the Demon's don't know about.

"I believe by now the poachers must have decided that I escaped along with him. And I kept to my hiding place, this windmill, for 13 years now. I've become 'a man who isn't there'. The only ones who know my my existence are Adam, the other nine kids from before, and you." explained Lucas.

"What about the girl who saved you?" asked Emma. "She died. About five years later out of sickness. In the following eight years, I often thought of escaping this place alone. On top of this disability, I don't have a pen. But if I made a last desperate effort, maybe I could reach the shelter, meet him again, tell him that I'm fine..." started Lucas, lowering his head.

"However, whenever my thoughts went that way, something else would come to my mind. The bitter resentment of my murdered comrades. The screams of the small kids, running for their lives without even understanding why. I will put an end to this hunting park. I will never let them go...!" he explained.

At this point, I started to talk, just voicing my thoughts. "Then you've gathered all of these kids, taught them what they needed to know, which is probably everything that you yourself knew." "Exactly. And there's another reason. We have to crush the playground in time for Minerva to come back." noted Lucas.

I asked: "Minerva-san? D-Did you find it?" He nodded, answering: "I found out why Minerva summoned us here. The place where that girl took me at first turned out to be that place." Emma gasped, saying: "That's... Please, take us there!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/731835008194193640/