53

(Y/N) Pov:

"No enemies in sight, let's head out!" called Emma, after her and Sonju checked our surroundings. We did just that, careful as to not leave any obvious signs of us being here behind. Once out, I took a deep breath of the fresh air, a pleased smile on my lips. This is it, we're finally out. After six days, we're finally out.

The children were celebrating, looking around us in awe. Those children... They're so cheerful about everything. I took Ray's hand in mine, smiling up at him. "We can do this." he reassured, making me nod my head in approval. "Keep heading southwards to arrive at your destination." noted Sonju, catching our attention.

Not much longer and we'll reach point B06-32. "Nooo, Mujika! I don't wanna say goodbye!" "Can't you stay with us... A little longer?" asked Marc and Alicia, both of them having tears in their eyes. Ray put his free hand on Alicia's head, saying: "Stay strong. These two have places to be, too." I nodded, adding: "W-We have to be strong to be able to survive on our own, too."

"Don't worry. As long as you stay out here, you won't run into any more 'Demons'. If all goes well, you'll probably be able to eventually meet up with this 'Minerva' guy." said Sonju, making the two younger children nod, both of them smiling. Then, he turned to face Natt, Thoma, and Lanni, saying: "No matter what you do, don't ever stray back into the forest or go near a body of water. Understood?" The three of them shuddered, Thoma and Lanni even saluting, stuttering: "Y-Yes!"

"Stay safe." said Sonju, making me smile up at him, with Ray saying: "Thank you, Sonju." Mujika then went over to hug Anna, Gilda, then me. "Stay well, please... All of you!" she said, smiling. "You, too, Mujika!" called Anna and Gilda at the same time, each of us returning her smile.

I turned to face Gilda, asking: "We got everything, right?" She nodded at me, saying: "Everything's ready." "Thank you." Then, I turned to face Emma, watching as Mujika gave something to her. "Ready, Emma?" called Ray, making her look over at us. She nodded, walking over towards us. "Bye, Sonju, Mujika! Thank you so, so much!" she called, waving at them. "Let us meet again." said Mujika, and all of us waved at them, then turned around, starting to walk.

Time skip: night time

3rd Person Pov:

"How much longer? Are we there yet?" asked Marc, yawning. "(Y/N), where are we?" asked Ray, looking over at her. "Wait a second..." she said, taking the pen out of her pocket. As she opened it, her eyes widened. "We-We're here..." she said, keeping her (e/c) eyes on the displayed numbers. "Huh?" "We're in area B06-32?" "What?" the children asked, staring at the numbers. Emma, her green eyes wide, said: "There's no mistake. We're in area B06-32, all right."

"Seriously?" asked Don, turning around to look everywhere. "...So, now what?" asked Natt, a bit scared. "There's seriously nothing here." Emma asked: "What can we do? This is really B06-32." "What does it mean?" asked Gilda, looking worried. "There's nothing here!" called Thoma, freaking out. Don said: "No sign of any kind... Nothing at all..."

Ray glanced over at Natt, asking: "So, can you see anyone in the area? Any humans?" "I think there's... no one..." answered Natt, taking the binoculars down again. "So Minerva isn't here, after all?!" "But why?!" asked the children, hugging Anna in fear.

While the younger children started a whole rant about Minerva being a liar and such, (Y/N)'s face had paled. She tightened her grip on the hand she was holding, making the raven haired boy look down at her. He immediately noticed her distressed state. "(Y/N)? You okay?" he asked her, only to get no reply. 

She suddenly clutched her stomach, whimpering. That caught not only Emma's, but Gilda's, and Don's attention, too. "(Y/N)?" asked Emma, stepping closer to her. Said girl closed her eyes, taking deep breaths. "I-I have to... I can't- Sorry." she muttered out, turning around and running towards the forest. Ray immediately went after her, the worry as clear as day on his face. 

Meanwhile, Emma calmed down the ranting children, explaining: "Minerva is the one that can go across the two worlds, right? Of course he won't be in this world all the time." That calmed the children down quite much, and they waited patiently for Ray and (Y/N) to return.

"Th-Thank you, Ray." said (Y/N), wiping her mouth with a tissue. She then turned to face her lover, muttering a quick apology. Ray dropped his worried expression, a stern one showing instead. "(Y/N)." he started, making the girl tense up immediately. They started to head back, with Ray saying: "You've caught another cold. Why didn't you tell me?" She shuddered slightly at his harsh tone, but knew that he didn't mean it like that.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't think I'd have to throw up..." she said, her voice thin and silent. "Like that changes anything." He then stopped her by grabbing her by her shoulders, saying: "Seriously. You tell me to not make you worry, yet you always make me worry." He sighed, brushing a (h/c) strand of hair out of her pale face, tucking it behind her ear. "You have to be honest with me. Understood?" His voice was more gentle this time, and she knew that she messed up a bit.

"I didn't want to bother you more. After I told you about my sleepless nights, I thought I'd just annoy you, so I decided to keep quiet." Sighing once more at her words, he patted her head, saying: "If you weren't you, I'd smack you right now." She blushed lightly, and promised to tell him the next time she felt sick.

Accepting that, Ray took her hand, and they went back towards the other children. Seeing as the children had calmed down from their rant, Ray explained what he had figured out. "The pen will only show the next part once you bring it to a certain location." he explained. Emma, catching on quickly, asked: "You mean...", trailing off. Ray nodded, saying: "Exactly. Here in B06-32. Let's give it a try."

He put in the codes up to the page he recently discovered, saying: "Now let's see. This is the part where it only showed an error message." Looking up at the screen, the children were eager, wanting nothing more as to finally be safe again. Don looked up the numbers in the book, saying: "Page 108, line 15... 'History'. The word is 'History'!" With that, Ray typed the word in, with Chris calling: "Come on!"

The screen shifted, showing what could only be described as a map. "It worked!" cheered Alicia, hugging Chris tightly. "But... What's this?" asked Jemima, looking up at the three eldest amongst them. "A map." answered (Y/N), studying it shortly. "There's an underground entrance! Go look for it! It's around that area!" said Ray, and the children all did just what they were told.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://favim.com/image/6806877/