152

Ray Pov:

"Everyone, wake up! Come on, look!" I slowly opened my eyes once I heard Phil's voice. Pushing myself off the ground, I looked around us, taking in the view of the city before us. So this is... the human world?

"We did it!" "It's the human world!" "We really made it!" "The buildings are huge!" "Look, there are people over there!" "Living people!" "There are no Demons here!"

I smiled a little to myself, saying: "We did it. Thanks to you, (Y/N), we made it." Getting no response, I turned around, only to find that I couldn't spot her.

Dread started to fill my very being as I frantically searched for her, calling out: "(Y/N)? (Y/N), are you here?!" The others quickly joined in, helping to look for her.

That's when I stopped in my tracks, just remembering the final moments in the Demon world. I tightened my hands into fists, clenching them so hard that I drew a little blood.

Damn it! Did she really? I knew there was some sort of compensation. It was a lie that there was nothing. I knew it! I knew something was off. But still... I believed her. I wanted to believe her. And now...

I'm such an idiot!

"Ray! She said something to you, right?" asked Emma, quickly walking up to me, her face holding worry. Norman was behind her, probably feeling just as guilty as me. I said: "She did. She told me-"

However, before I could finish, a triangular, flying object approached us. It stopped just before the coast, an older man walking on top of it. He came closer, with more and more adults approaching.

"Get back." ordered Yuugo, quickly getting to the front, standing in front of the kids with Lucas, who asked: "Who are you?" With a monotone expression, the older man said: "My name is Mike Ratri. Peter's uncle and currently the proxy head of the Ratri clan. 'Code solid', I already know. I'm not your enemy. Our clan will no longer harm you children. We'll take you in. Climb aboard, before things get complicated."

Once we were in that flying machine, several holographic screens were showing different places, where children and what looked like sisters were found. "We're securing the other children as we find them. Don't worry." reassured Mike Ratri, looking over us.

He asked: "Now then, which of you is my great niece? I haven't seen her in so long." It was quiet for a moment, before Emma spoke up for us. "She's not... She's not here." I looked to the side, not wanting to think about it, yet finding it hard to think about anything else.

"I see. The number on her neck should be 84194. If you locate her, inform me immediately." said Mike to one of his men, who nodded, immediately scribbling the number down.

3rd Person Pov:

The children were currently in the north american branch of the Ratri clan. They had been found in the former United States of America. The east side of the region now called Area 01.

The human world was now different than what they had learned about. From 2020 to 2030, there were recurring instances of abnormal weather, natural disasters, epidemics and food shortages. And a world war erupted and lasted for ten years.

The world was forced to change drastically. And so, national borders were abolished. The world became one large nation.

"It's good news. This world isn't at war, and the environment isn't significantly polluted." started Norman. "Actually, with national borders abolished, there's no concept of immigrants. The situation makes it easier for us to be accepted. We're lucky."

"If they would find (Y/N), then I would agree. But until then..." trailed Emma off, looking over at Ray, who sat quietly by himself. Don, punching the wall, asked: "Damn it! What does it mean that (Y/N)'s not here?"

Lucas said: "The Ratri clan is searching for her, but she hasn't been found in any of the other regions yet." "They're not searching properly, then." noted Yuugo, not wanting to admit just how worried he actually was.

"Did (Y/N) die? Or was she kept behind in the Demon world?" asked Phil, looking over at Emma, Norman, and Ray. Emma shook her head, saying: "I don't think so. (Y/N) wouldn't do that." "But then why isn't she here?" asked Yvette, close to tears.

"We owe so much to her. Most of us from Goldy Pond would have probably died by now if it wasn't for her." noted Oliver, with Nigel saying: "I would have given up by now. I'd be dead now."

"Yeah, we were only able to come this far because of (Y/N)." said Violet, thinking back to the day she first met the shy girl. Gillian smiled sadly, saying: "She was an adorable, shy girl who would always give everything she had. And because of that, we're all able to be here."

Hitting his fist on the table, Ray abruptly stood up, angrily saying: "Don't talk about her like she died!" The room was quiet for a moment, before Emma said: "Ray's right. I know (Y/N) well. And she would never leave us- leave Ray- behind."

"She... Right before we got here, she told me not to search for her." revealed Ray, causing some to gasp, while others began to think. Norman's eyes widened as a smile appeared on his face.

Emma, too, was smiling, a relieved expression on her face as she happily said: "Then she's here! In this world! With us!" Chuckling in relief, Yuugo leaned onto Lucas' shoulder, saying: "Then we just have to find her, huh."

"But why would she say to not search for her?" asked Phil, still a bit worried. Emma grinned at him, saying: "Who knows. Let's ask her once we found her!" "Alright!" "Let's go look for (Y/N)!" said Gilda, smiling as she looked at the others.

'Once we find you, I'll give you the biggest hug ever!' thought Emma, a big smile on her lips.

'I'll give my all to find you. No, even more than that.' thought Norman, already looking at a map.

'I'll find you for sure, (Y/N). I swear.' thought Ray, a determined expression taking over his features.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://m.facebook.com/mangapostingsauce/photos/a.108783370797182/130398461969006/?type=3