158

Hello, everyone!

So, this is the last chapter, huh?

This feels so unreal...

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

10 years later, year 2059:

3rd Person Pov:

Rolling onto his side, the raven haired man released a soft sigh, having just woken up. He blinked a few times, then rolled to the other side, wanting to hug his wife to fall asleep once more.

Once he had turned, he saw that she wasn't there. He clicked his tongue, pushing himself up, now sitting on their shared bed. Suddenly smelling something delicious, a small smile made itself onto his face. "Right. Today is..." he trailed off, his voice still raspy.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, he went downstairs, wanting to meet his family as soon as possible. "Like this?" asked a voice in the kitchen, one he would recognize everywhere.

"Yes, you're doing great." replied his wife. It was then that he reached the kitchen of their house, stopping to look what they were doing. He leaned onto the door frame, folding his arms over his chest as he watched, an amused smile resting on his face.

He watched as his wife finished cleaning up the kitchen, humming a certain, sweet melody. One that he remembered oh so well from his mother. Oh, how much he loved his life. Whenever he thought back to their time in the Demon world, he was glad that he didn't give up.

He would do it all again a thousand times, just for it to turn out like this.

"And now, we can go and wake-" started his wife, stopping mid-sentence as soon as she noticed her husband. "Oh, did we wake you?" she quickly asked, a big, sweet smile resting on her pink lips.

"Dad!" called the little girl that was previously helping her mother, running up to her father. Ray chuckled as he lifted her up, pressing a loving kiss onto her cheek. "Good morning, cuddle bug." he said, to which she giggled cutely, hugging herself closer to him.

(Y/N) walked closer, placing a gentle kiss on his lips, saying: "Happy 25th birthday, love." "Happy birthday, dad! We made you a cake." announced their daughter proudly, causing her parents to smile at her.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, causing all three of them to look towards the front door. "Isabella, would you please open the door?" asked (Y/N), to which the 3 year old nodded. Ray set her down, and she quickly went towards the door.

Taking this opportunity, Ray quickly took his wife's hands into his own, smiling as he pulled her into him, trapping her in a loving embrace. Her cheeks took a light, reddish hue as he kissed her passionately, which she returned.

"I dreamed of the night we escaped the House." he admitted, his dark green eyes gazing into her (e/c) ones. "It's been 13 years, huh?" she asked, a nostalgic feeling taking over both of them. "Everything that happened... I'm glad that I had you by my side through everything." he told her, to which her face flushed red.