51

(Y/N) Pov:

"Sooo goood... How did you make this...?" asked Emma, all of the kids agreeing with her. I smiled sweetly at them, while Ray said: "It's called cooking." After he found out that I wanted to learn how to cook, Ray decided to do it, too. "But how?! How could you possibly make it be so delicious?!" asked/yelled Emma. "Eh, we just did it like Mujika taught, step by step. Right, (Y/N)?" said Ray, making me nod.

Don yelled: "Shut up! This is so unfair, anything you try you're best at..." "That's because they're geniuses." said Chris, continuing to eat his portion of the stew. "Damn you!" "You two also did a great job with the fire!" complimented Mujika, making Mark and Rossi giggle in a cute way.

Time skip: three days later

3rd Person Pov:

The escapees of the Grace Field House were getting closer and closer towards their main goal, position B06-32. At the moment, Sonju sat down, explaining the best way they should take after parting with the two friendly Demons. "You want to head southeast towards this area. Then you should leave the forest from the northern side, and walk around it." he explained, showing the points on the map.

(Y/N) studied the map, scribbling an exact copy into her sketchbook, careful as to not accidentally miss any detail on it. Emma asked: "From the north...?" Mujika said: "If we went straight southeast, we'd have to pass through 'wild Demon' territory." "Take the long way, and you'll meet nothing but wilderness. No 'Demon' settlements around there, either." said Sonju, pointing at a cross on the map.

"We should be done with this forest within five days. After that, it'll take a single day more for you to reach your goal. In the meanwhile, you should learn something useful. Mujika and I shall be your tutors." "Th-Thank you both s-so much. W-We really appreciate your help..." said (Y/N), bowing down in front of them. Mujika smiled, saying: "Oh, it's fine. We do enjoy your company, after all!" (Y/N) smiled, and the younger children started thanking the two of them, too.

Among the things the children were learning, shooting with a bow and arrow was one of them. While Emma had no problems at all, (Y/N) was, well, having quite the trouble. Aiming was more than just easy for her, but pulling the arrow back and keeping it that way for a few, solid seconds was not so her thing. She did manage to hit the bulls eye once, but she was really struggling with the physical stuff. 

Putting the bow down, she looked to the side, watching as Emma talked to Sonju. "I want to get a look at the situation, too. I swear I won't do anything risky, or bother you in any way... Please." she said, a determined expression on her face. Sonju thought for a second, then said: "I understand. However... Do not, even for a moment, get away from me. And from this." He gestured at his horse-like-creature, and Emma nodded.

"Emma, wait a second, please!" called (Y/N) out, making both Emma, and Sonju stop. (Y/N) walked up to them, saying: "Emma, I-I know what you're planning. And... Please teach me, too." Emma's green eyes widened slightly, before she smiled, saying: "Okay." (Y/N) returned the smile, saying: "Stay safe. Th-The both of you." Sonju nodded, and he took off with Emma.

While Emma was learning how to hunt, the rest of the children were playing around, learning, or watching as Don missed shot after shot with the bow. "This sucks! It's so hard to aim!" he called out, stomping on the ground. (Y/N) couldn't help but to giggle at his behavior, before sneezing once.

Ray Pov:

I kept my eyes on (Y/N), watching as she occasionally rubbed her eyes, even yawning a few times. Is she really not sleeping at all? I mean, she did it before. Twice. When they found out the secret, and when she suspected me to be the traitor. I sighed, walking up to her and taking her by her hand. "H-Huh? Wh-What's wrong, Ray?" she asked, but I didn't answer. Instead, I pulled her with me, to a place further back, where the children weren't playing.

"R-Ray, is everything alright?" she asked hesitantly, looking up at me with a concerned expression. I put a hand on her head, saying: "No, it's not." Her (e/c) eyes widened slightly. "Wh-What's wrong? D-Did anything happen? Is Emma okay? Are you hurt? What about the others? Are they-" I rolled my eyes at her never ending questions, smiling a little. You worry too much, really. Before she could continue her questions, I placed my lips onto hers, keeping her from talking more.

My heart started to beat faster as we each took a quick breath, kissing again right after. I held her by her waist, while she put her arms around my neck. After another few, passionate kisses, we took a longer break, staring into each other's eyes. Our breathing was heavy and uneven, and I'm pretty sure she could hear my heart beating at this point.

Her cheeks took a reddish color as she said: "R-Ray...", still trying to catch her breath. I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face, hugging her close to me. She returned it right away, and I buried my head in her neck, just wanting to stay like that forever. "I love you, (Y/N). So damned much. So, please, take care of yourself, too." I said, meaning every word I spoke.

"I-I... Ray, you... Wh-What am I... I-I can't th-think..." she stuttered out, making me chuckle. I looked back into her eyes, asking: "You haven't been sleeping at all, right?" She hesitated, but nodded. "You know better than that." I scolded, making her lower her head. "I-I do... It's just... I'm scared. I'm really, really scared." My expression turned into one of worry. But instead of asking about it, I patiently waited for her to explain it.

She hid her face in my chest, saying: "What will happen once we leave the forest? What will happen once we leave Mujika and Sonju? What about B06-32? What if there's nothing there? What about Minerva-san? Is he really just sitting there everyday, waiting until a bunch of cattle children arrive at that point? Are we the only ones that escaped?" She sighed, gripping my shirt tightly with both of her hands. "I just... I can't help but to think about all of that. Even more. And it's... It's exhausting. I don't want to think about those things at night, but... but..."

She took a short breath, lifting her head to look at me. My eyes widened as I saw the tears rolling down her cheeks. "I-I'm so scared... What if we don't make it...? I can't lose anyone. I can't lose you. What if something happens again, and someone dies? If you die? I-I'm so scared of that happening... It's making my heart ache every time I try to fall asleep... R-Ray, can you... can you help me, please?"

I smiled gently at her, wiping the tears away. "Of course I can. First off, you're not alone. Emma, I, Gilda, Don, and everyone else is doing all that they can to learn, to get to B06-32. Then, there's our promise. I swear, I won't ever break it, so don't worry too much about me, okay? About the rest, we'll figure it out once we get to B06-32. We'll definitely make it there, then see what happens next. But no matter what, we'll get through it. And if you struggle more, I'll push the both of us through. I won't ever think of leaving you. Trust me, okay? We'll make it work." A few more tears made their way down her cute face, but she smiled at me, saying: "Th-Thank you so much... Thank you..." I wiped her tears away once again, kissing her forehead. "I really do love you. Always remember that, okay?" I told her, making her nod. "O-Okay... I love you, too, Ray." At that, I smiled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/831477149934409809/