75

3rd Person Pov:

Gathered together, all sitting at a long table, each with their own plate filled with fresh, human meat, the Demons were chatting with each other. "Lord Bayon, you're just unbelievable. To think you'd manage to catch two of the Grace Field escapees!" said one of the higher Demons, Nous.

"Oh? Did you overhear the vassals prattling? And here I tried so hard to keep it a surprise. It would've made it all the sweeter when you spotted them." replied Lord Bayon, picking up a piece of meat with a fork.

Nouma, Nous' sister, asked: "Are you jesting?" Bayon answered: "No, it's true. Apparently, four of them were packing together, but my foolish serfs lost track of the other two. They'll be found soon enough."

"Come on, don't leave us waiting! What's their grading?" asked Nouma, almost drooling at the thought of being able to eat cattle from Grace Field. Bayon waited for a few seconds, to make his answer even more appealing than it already was.

"The ones we've caught are both premium-grade females. One of the others is probably ranked premium, too. And the fourth, strangely enough, is already mature." he told them, being able to watch their hunger for quality meat rising.

"Take it away." "I'm done." They each said, not wanting to even finish the human meat that was already in front of them. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, even for the immortal Demons! And to think that there are two of premium quality walking around in the hunting ground...

At that point, Leuvis was sure that the girl he had encountered was one of them. He now realized that she had purposely hidden the number on her neck. "Ah, what a smart little girl." he said to himself, no one else hearing him.

Grinning, he followed after the other Demons, already knowing his target. He planned to fuel the anger in that young girl, so that he could experience just one last fight that was worth fighting. He was certain that she could fulfil that greedy wish of his.

And if not, he just had to force her to do so.

Stepping onto the hunting ground, each of the Demons turned their heads, searching for any sign of any child. But they couldn't find even a single clue. "All of them are gone..." noted Nouma, turning her head a few times.

"And the premium ones? Where are they?!" asked her brother, Nous. "When we came through the forest, I saw no sign of them... It's hide-and-seek, then. It's been a while... How fun!"

They were quickly spread around the village, searching through the houses and such. Luce, spotting a single human being, quickly pointed at it, calling: "Over there! After it! If it's one of the girls, she's mine!"

His servants immediately did as told, chasing the human girl. But they were chasing the 'wrong' girl. It wasn't Emma, nor (Y/N). It was Gillian. She was grinning, seeing that their plan had started off right.

Zack was luring Lord Bayon away, while Sonya lured Nous and Nouma away. Then, as each of them had reached their position, they blew into the whistle, giving off the signal the others were waiting for.

Oliver was quick to react, pressing the button on the small device he held. In the distance, an explosion went off, alarming all of the Demons. And in those few seconds, those few moments the Demons were distracted, the children all got into their final position to fight.

"Okay, engaging the plan. It's time to hunt." said Lucas, determination showing on his face. The next part of the plan would be a hard one, but the most crucial... Without it, everything would fail. Those 15 minutes... They're all the children have.

(Y/N) Pov:

I held the bigger gun in my hand, walking up to the giant Demon. This is it... I have to do this. 15 Minutes. We need just 15 minutes. But if what I heard is right, then he'll gladly give us those 15 minutes.

"We meet again, 84194. (Y/N)." spoke Leuvis, making me stop in my tracks. "I-I'm not surprised you figured out who I am, Leuvis." I told him, gripping the gun tightly. He let out a chuckle, saying: "After taking a look at the files of Grace Field, it was no secret. I knew you were a special girl the moment you stood up to me."

I kept my eyes on him, not daring to look away for even a second. "84194, a premium offering from the highly rated Grace Field brand. Grace Field premium... The renown of that name reaches farther than you can imagine." he explained.

"In recent years, Grace Field, the third farm, has earned a special place. Even among the distinguished clientele it's the flower of taste. They say a particularly superb breeder is raising beautiful, delicious minds." I nodded once at his words, not saying anything. I know all of that already. And that's exactly why I'm using that against you.

"I have a message for you. From Lucas. 'What do you think of my move?'" I said, closely watching him. He just chuckled again, saying: "I expected it was that boy. That explosion really startled me. How reminiscent of the approach they used that day."

Then, he moved one of his claw-like hands to his chest, saying: "I'm quite in shock! I never thought he'd survive. How wonderful, organizing this delightful rebellion from underground! On top of that, who better to join the party than you, (Y/N)?"

"I am glad! I am extremely happy right now! You've moved me to my core!" he called out, quite loudly. But I stood my ground, saying: "H-He also said: 'If so, Archduke, then let's play a little game, shall we? Just like back then.'"

"A... game?" Then, Leuvis started laughing, saying: "I see, from back then... Very well." Good. Just a bit further and we can win. I said: "The same game. A fair hunt lasting 15 minutes. With the first ten minutes for me to prepare."

"So you now challenge me to the same bit of sport I proposed to him on that distant night. Fair enough. However, there shall be no need for that." My eyes widened slightly at his statement. He's... Just as Zack said, he's unpredictable. Which means...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/585749495277523516/