41

3rd Person Pov:

Running through the forest, breathing heavily... With nothing else to think about than to just make it out of there alive, the escapees of Grace Field were running away from a monster, a so called Demon. It was following them, thrashing trees while doing so. "It's fine! Think of it as a game of tag!" called the orange haired girl, Emma, to her family. And just as she said that, the Demon let out a loud screech, making all of the children run even faster. The three oldest of them, Emma, Ray, and (Y/N), were running behind the other children, making sure that all of them followed. (Y/N) had a hard time following the younger children, since she never got the same training they had, and started to fall behind bit by bit. Ray noticed just in time and took her wrist, pulling her with him. And as it had to happen, one of the younger children, Jemima, tripped and fell. However, Emma picked her up, never once stopping her fast movements.

'Freedom is so beautiful... Yet so cruel.'

A little while ago:

(Y/N) Pov:

I looked around, taking in every detail of our surroundings. The trees are way taller than we ones we know. The ground is rough and easy to trip on while running. But... I couldn't help but to smile. Even though we don't exactly know what's going to happen next, we made it out. We escaped the Farm. Ray put his hand on my head, smiling slightly at me, probably guessing my thoughts. I returned it, then heard Don saying: "Man, everything in the outside world is huge." Gilda added: "It's a completely different forest from where we came." With our surroundings being different, I should check it out for sure. I looked around, watching as Thoma and Lanni climbed up a fallen tree, with Lanni falling off just a few seconds later. Ray looked around, too, checking if there was anything that could attack us all of the sudden. "Everyone, let's stay in a group as we walk." suggested Emma, looking at the compass in her hand. She continued: "We don't know what's out there, and pursuers from the farm might come."

We sat between some trees, eating our first meal since we escaped. "Don't eat everything all at once. A little at a time. We need to stretch out the food and water we brought with us." explained Gilda. Ray nudged my side, asking: "Aren't you going to eat anything?" I smiled lightly, shaking my head. "I'm not hungry." I lied. The children have to eat more than me. They're running out of energy way quicker than I am, so I'll let them eat. He sighed, handing me half of his bread. I blinked a few times, quickly saying: "Ah, n-no, that's not neces-" He cut me off: "This way, the children have more to eat. And you get to eat something, too." I blushed a little, taking the food from him. "Th-Thank you..." I muttered, before taking a bite. My eyes then wandered over to Emma, who kept her eyes open for the pursuers. "She's cares too much sometimes." I said, taking the last bite of the bread. Ray grabbed a bottle of water, nodding towards Emma. I smiled, walking next to him towards Emma. Once there, he held the bottle towards her, saying: "Yooooow.", scaring her out of her mind. "Yow?" she asked, hands still in the air of the shock. I giggled a bit, saying: "Don't worry. It's safe here. For now, at least." Ray nodded, saying: "It's not the territory of a savage beast." Emma looked at us with an confused expression on her face, so Ray said: "I don't see any footprints, claw marks, or droppings of that sort. It's just like when we play tag." He handed her the water, saying: "Emma, you're too eager. We'll keep watch. You should also rest." "Thank you." she said, turning her head to look at the scenery once more. I noticed the blood slowly showing itself through her bandaged ear. Emma... You're too reckless, really. "I'm sorry, (Y/N), Emma. If I had cooperated from the beginning, maybe neither of you wouldn't have hurt your hand or lost an ear." My eyes widened before I closed them, hearing Emma saying: "Don't worry about it." I nodded, saying: "A-As long as you're alive and here with us, it's fine." He smiled a little to himself, saying: "Thanks." Emma still looked worried, so I said: "Emma, it's fine. Ray won't die." I took his hand in mine, smiling kindly at her. She blinked a few times in surprise, looking at me, then Ray, who said: "I'll live. I'll live and protect this family. Everyone in this family, just like you two. This time, for sure, I swear." He lifted one of his hands up, showing that he really meant it. "No matter what happens, I'll never abandon them again." I added: "I'll personally make sure of that, so don't bear this burden all alone, okay?" She smiled at us, nodding. We looked back towards the tall trees, Ray asking: "So, what do we do from here?" Emma quickly responded: "I want to get water. We saw a river from above, right? I want to see if it's drinkable." "A reasonable plan. First, we have to obtain water. And by finding the river, we can get some food. However, the enemy will also assume that's what we'll do." explained Ray. I said: "That's right. We should-" "Emma! (Y/N)! Ray!" called Don, cutting me off. We turned to look at him, watching as Don and Gilda made their way towards us. Don then asked: "What now? Any ideas on where we should go?" I nodded, saying: "Y-Yes. We'll head southeast." "Southeast?" he asked. Gilda explained: "Between south and east." "Gilda, I know that much." stated Don in a serious tone, putting a hand on her shoulder. Emma snickered while I grabbed the pen from my backpack, saying: "Look, Ray, Emma." They both did so, and I said: "With this, we can go to a save place."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Season 2, yaay!!

Picture from:
https://wallpapercave.com/tpn-wallpapers