148

Hello, everyone!

Woohoo, I managed to write another chapter :)

Well, this book is getting closer and closer to its end, and I'm honestly scared of that lol.

Anyways, I'll make it as good as possible while it lasts!

Thank you for reading, and I wish you a great day / night!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

Looking at the children she once called her own, Isabella carefully took note of how they grew. Oh, how much she had missed them. Despite everything, she loved these children like her own. She was once their caretaker- their mother- after all.

Her eyes then met a pair of (e/c) ones, and an image of an old friend flashed through her mind. "You look so much like your mother, (Y/N). Miryam would've been more than happy to see that." she told her, watching how (Y/N)'s shocked face relaxed ever so slightly.

Isabella also took note of the fact that she was holding Ray's hand. Glancing at her hand, she hesitated for only a second before lifting her gun up, asking: "Was it fun outside, (Y/N)?" Mentioned girl was unsure of what to answer.

"You've destroyed everything. You fought, and fought, and fought, and fought." said Isabella, her weapon slowly wandering over to Emma as she continued to talk. "But no matter how much you resist, it still ends up this way. Despair is unavoidable. You, Emma, and everyone else returned. You didn't learn your lesson. And this is the result."

Her grin widened as she watched Emma's determined, yet panicked expression. Quickly pointing her gun at Peter, Isabella said: "All of you did splendidly." The sisters all followed her lead, pointing their firearm at the leader of the Ratri clan.

Peter himself was left speechless for a moment. "What?" asked Emma, glancing back at her best friends, just to make sure that she wasn't dreaming. Peter spoke up: "You... You betrayed me, Isabella!"

"Mama..." trailed Emma off, trying to understand what was happening. Isabella froze for a moment. She was taken back by the fact that all of these children still called her their mama- even after everything she had done to them.

"You betrayed me, Isabella!" yelled Peter out once more, his anger still rising. Without missing a beat, Isabella replied: "Yes. Isn't it obvious?" "What...?" "These children and I, and all the staff, are your enemy."

Gilda looked up at Don, asking: "Mama is... she's on our side?" "And the sisters. Why?" asked Don back, just as confused, yet relieved. Isabella wanted nothing more than to just praise and hug the children, but she had to play it off.

"Don't get me wrong. It just so happened that we share the same interests. I was getting fed up with my life here. And I didn't like the future that boy described. Or his methods and opinions." she said.

Peter's anger only grew as he said: "How dare you?!" However, Isabella continued. "That's why I wanted to crush everything. I thought I'd destroy everything."

'I don't expect you to forgive me. Because I don't forgive myself. So you can continue to hate me. You don't have to call me Mama.' thought Isabella, wanting to make everything up to the children she had raised, and to the people she had lost along the way.

Once she turned again, Emma stepped next to her, a huge smile on her face as she said: "Thanks, Mama." The other kids and sisters immediately lifted their guns, all of them now pointing directly at Peter Ratri, who desperately tried to come up with a way out of this situation.

"How dare you, all of you... Don't think you can get away with opposing me!" he yelled, looking around. That's when he let out a loud yell, freeing his hands and taking the gun of one of the sisters.

He ran, taking the short amount of hesitation and surprise he had created. He then turned, ready to shoot at anything that moved. Oliver quickly caught on, ordering: "Get down!" While everyone ducked, Peter continued to run, giving his all to think about what to do next.

He grabbed the phone in his pocket, wanting to call for back-up. But that was no use. Someone had destroyed the outer bridge and lit it on fire. "Useless idiots!" he said out loud as he hung up.

By the next second, his way was already cut off by a few sisters. So, he turned to run into another direction, thinking hard. Right then, he had received a call that told him that right before the execution of Sonju and Mujika, someone had appeared.

It was archduke Leuvis, and he had, apparently, drank the cursed blood, proving to the citizens that it was harmless to them. He also told them why it was banned, and called off the execution.

Peter fell to his knees, dropping the phone. There was nothing left for him. The government was done for. His soldiers- the sisters- had turned on him. He had lost everything.

"Don't move." said a deep voice, belonging to none other than the former nameless adult. Yuugo stared him down, with (Y/N) standing next to him, both of them having their guns raised and pointed right at him.

Peter stared at his niece for a moment, realizing something. He knew that he had lost. But he could still pull all of this into a draw.

"Got it. I lose." he said, holding his hands up, showing that he didn't hold a weapon. "Please don't shoot me. I'm your uncle, (Y/N). Let's talk this through." Seeing that they did let their guard down ever so slightly, he continued.

"I was wrong! I'll do anything! So please, don't shoot me." he said, slowly approaching his niece, so close to completing his plan. He was willing to die in order to make the cattle children suffer.

It was then that (Y/N) put her gun down, saying: "We don't intend to kill you." Peter stopped in his tracks as Yuugo noted: "I would much rather do so, though." in a quiet tone. (Y/N) glanced up at him, saying: "But that's what Emma said." Yuugo sighed, saying: "I know, I know."

"Inviolable noninterference." said Emma, walking up to them. She added: "We won't retaliate or attack the Ratri clan in any way. In return, we want you to approve our freedom. We'll all go to the human world. We want you to approve and not get in the way. To leave us alone."

"You're going to forgive me? Really? You're going to..." trailed Peter, slightly taken back by the naive way of thinking from the children before him. It almost caused him to regret his ill-mannered plan. Almost.

"I could never forgive you. You took my parents- my life- from me. You caused us so much harm and misery." said (Y/N), her expression rather neutral as she looked at her uncle. Emma said: "But we don't want to resolve this by killing you."

She continued: "Hating, resenting, fearing... I don't want to do that anymore! All those feelings are things I don't want anymore. We want to smile. We want to be free. That's what we've been fighting for all this time."

Emma looked over at Yuugo and (Y/N), then at Ray and Norman, who had arrived with her. "It's not just our fate or circumstances. Hatred and fear, too. We don't want to be imprisoned by anything anymore."

Peter stared at her in disbelief, not sure what to think of her speech. Still, Emma wasn't done yet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/598204763004293010/