72

(Y/N) Pov:

This isn't good. I can't focus on anything. Minerva-san's ancestors made the promise? And he died while leaving us an escape route? This is really... I lightly shook my head, pushing myself off of the wall.

No. I can't keep on thinking in circles. I have to focus on the things most important now. Them being the next step to new information. I looked over at Emma and Lucas, watching as Emma pulled a drawer out.

"Emma?" I asked, stepping closer to her. "What are you doing?" She reached into the space she created, answering: "Marvin's nest." My eyes widened as she pulled something out, showing it to us.

"Of course. Hidden information." I muttered out, recognizing the shape of the small thing she held. "It's a pen cap." I noted, quickly pulling out the pen we got. I removed its cap, replacing it with the new one.

As soon as I opened the pen, a lot of different things were displayed over our heads. We stared at them, trying to take in as much as possible. "Look, this part explains where to cross between worlds. And this seems to be about how to contact our allies." noted Emma, pointing at the mentioned notes.

After a short while, my eyes landed on a specific file. One that caught my attention almost immediately. I stared at it for a few seconds, with Emma asking: "'Project Lambda-7214'?" She then tapped it, making a few sentences appear.

"'To be constructed in the westernmost end, Lambda-7214 is a brand new trial plantation'?" she read out loud, questioning the lack of information. Lucas asked: "That's it?" "Seems so." said Emma, reading the sentence over and over again.

I looked to the ground, asking: "Hey, Lucas?" He faced me, waiting for me to continue, which I did. "Oliver said something about a human village, but... Th-That was a lie, wasn't it?" He lowered his head, answering: "Yes. You're right."

"I didn't want to deceive those children, but if you arm them and tell them the whole truth, some children will just point the guns at themselves. I've seen it happen." Emma gasped at Lucas' words, listening closely.

He continued: "I was terrified... I didn't want to end up killing them. I wanted to give them some sort of hope, anything to make them want to survive. But... I don't need to lie anymore. We can really make it come true. We can bring those children with us, and that's for real. We can bring them to a world without any man-eaters!"

Then, he gently placed his hand on my head, saying: "Thank you, (Y/N), Emma. It's all thanks to you. If you hadn't showed up with your pen..." Emma quickly said: "No, not at all! It's thanks to you, too, and your friend... You've suffered a lot for 13 years, but you kept going. And also Minerva... He put himself in danger for our sake and left all these things for us."

"But still, thank you. I'm very glad to have met you. Together, we can bring about the future that we hope for. Let's destroy this place, and leave. All of us. To the human world!" he declared, making us smile.

3rd Person Pov:

Later that day, Lucas went on to tell the other children about the two worlds. And, much to Emma's surprise, they accepted it quite easily. "What's the matter?" asked Violet, looking at Emma.

"Hm? Oh, I was just thinking! How can I put it... I was afraid that, when you all learned the truth about the 'human villages', you'd, well, do something like that." she answered, imagining Violet punching someone.

Said girl just said: "But that would be irrational." Emma looked at her in confusion, so she said: "Instead of human villages, we found out there's an entire human world, free from monsters... Surely, that's reason enough to be happy?" Emma nodded at her, getting what she meant, even if it still surprises her.

Sandy leaned onto the table, saying: "To tell the truth, I was a bit angry that I was lied to." Nigel nodded in agreement, adding: "Yeah, me too." "But the thing is, all of us trust Lucas." noted Paula, smiling at the two Grace Field kids.

Oliver, deciding to take this opportunity to hype them all up once again, said: "The time has come. We're going to set the plan into motion. Next hunt, we're putting an end to all this.", making them cheer a bit.

Lucas, who sat a bit behind Oliver, said: "Last time, we lost four more. If they follow the same schedule as usual, they should come again after two or three days. We must get everything ready before them."

"I've finished adjusting the strategy to account for Emma and (Y/N). Let's go over it again. Everyone, gather around." called Sonya. The children did so, with (Y/N) asking: "U-Um, m-may I add something?"

They all turned to look at her, with Sonya nodding. (Y/N) had a serious expression on her face, saying: "I-If I were the enemy, I'd attack sooner than usual." Some of the others gasped, while some kept quiet, thinking about her words.

She continued: "I-I mean, they already know that Emma is from Grace Field. I am pretty sure that Leuvis didn't see my m-marking, but he can probably put two and two together. They probably want to e-eat Emma and me as fast as possible..."

"That's..." started Sonya, thinking about it again. "Okay. We'll prepare everything right after going over our strategy." declared Oliver, confidence showing in his expression.

He then faced (Y/N), saying: "I count on you to point every little flaw of the plan out." She nodded her head, smiling lightly at him, saying: "I-I will." He returned her smile, saying: "Thank you."

On the opposite side of the table, Emma asked: "Hey, Violet, what about that boy?" She glanced towards the door, where Adam stood. "Oh, you mean Adam? He's good. He's on the lookout for us, and he can't understand what we say very well, anyway. We'll explain it to him in simple words later."

"He can't... understand?" asked Emma, tilting her head to the side. "He doesn't speak at all. We don't know where he is from. Every once in a while, he appears to talk, but he just repeats the same number over and over."

"Number?" "Yes, he seems strangely attached to it. I can't recall what number it was, though..." answered Violet, trailing off. "Alright! Let's go over the strategy." announced Oliver, gaining everyone's attention.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.tumbral.com/tag/Tpn%20artbook