77

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to inform you that I had this chapter ready on Saturday, but Wattpad, for some reason, just didn't work in browsers.

Thankfully, it seems to work now!

Well, again, I'm sorry about that, but hey, here's the chapter!

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nigel Pov:

What the hell are you doing here, you bastard?! Crap! Bayon shouldn't be here! Did we take too long to finish Luce? Should we have run faster? Stop it. I'm doing it wrong.

Now's not the time to reflect on what could have been. We've got to stop him. We must stop Bayon, here and now! Come on, think. If we don't... If he joins forces with Leuvis, Nous or Nouma our entire plan is over. We'll be done for.

We hid behind some trees, taking a quick look at Bayon. I don't know why he's here, or what he's planning, but the forest ends this way, and then it's the village already. With Leuvis.

Staying in hiding is not an option! If he makes it through here, it's all over! Calm down. Calm down and think. Bayon's servants aren't around. Maybe Zack and Pepe got them, or, maybe they are still battling?

Either way, what matters right now is that Bayon is alone, and must be stopped. However, we don't have any of the special shots. No, there's no way to know if Zack's is in good shape, or if it still has a shot. Or if it will even work on Bayon.

I can't even be sure I'd make it in time. We'll just have to make do without it! Running after a special rifle isn't the best bet at this point. We have to find a way to fight with what we have and put a stop to Bayon!

I glanced over at Gillian, wo still had her eyes on Bayon. "Gillian." I said, gaining her attention. "Let's split." Her eyes widened at my words, so I went to explain: "I'll keep Bayon in this place. You go check on Zack's group."

Leaning closer to her, I said: "We have to know what happened to Zack and Pepe. And to the rifle. If they're still kicking around, join them. If the rifle is still good, it should be useful for Oliver's group."

She clearly hesitated, then asked: "But, Nigel, just what can you do all alone to stop Bayon?" I grinned at her, answering: "It's okay, I have a plan. Trust me!"

I turned to look at Bayon once more. A plan my ass! Can't see my way out of this one... We can't kill them to start with. Not through normal means. That's why we went through all that trouble to create custom shots in the first place!

However, everything's riding on it. Our plan is the only way to keep all of our comrades alive. Which means... Maybe I can find a way to pull this off. If I put my life on the line. I'm gonna do whatever it takes to stop him! Normally, Zack is the one who ricks his neck... This time, it's my turn to push it!

Gillian Pov:

That's what you mean, huh? To the bitter end, as they say. Nigel, you're being rational. For the sake of the plan, for the sake of the lives of our friends, I have to hurry up and find Zack. But...

"Got it!" I said, nodding my head. He glanced back at me, then turned to look at Bayon, saying: "Great, then on the count of three, I'll make my move. You use the opening to run." I nodded once more, preparing to run.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

I quickly ran, taking the whistle out of my pocket. Nigel's eyes widened as he saw what I was doing. I blew into the whistle, gaining Bayon's attention. He stared at me, so I began running.

Sorry, Nigel, I can't do it! Too bad, but I'm not the kind to sacrifice a comrade! I've had my fill of watching friends die! I grinned as I picked up my pace, running even faster. I aimed the gun in my hands, keeping my eyes locked on Bayon.

I shot a good amount of bullets at him, which he either dodged or deflected with his spear. He then ran after me, swinging his spear. I tried ducking, but I knew he would hit me. Ah, too bad. This is the end for-

"Run! Just get over this and go, Gillian!" screamed Nigel, holding his gun in his hands. He shot at Bayon? I quickly took this chance, hiding behind some trees once more. Nigel was quickly by my side, ranting about what I just did.

"Enough with the pipe dreams, get real! This is the real thing! We're betting our lives here! You gotta get over irrational emotions! Our only hope is the plan, so stick to it! I know you can do that! That's what we've been doing all this time, right? Then-"

I stepped to the side, cutting him off. "Oh, cut it out. Who's the idiot here?" I then smiled, saying: "I know you're ranting like that because you yourself can't leave me to die, too." He looked shocked, but quickly got ready besides me. "We're in this together. Deal with it." I told him, grinning once more.

(Y/N) Pov:

"Gillian!" I heard Nigel yell. Not good. I'm too slow. At this rate, Bayon will kill them both. "Hey, Zack." I said, looking to my right. He was running alongside me, together with Pepe. "Yeah?" he asked. "Catch." I said, throwing my gun towards him.

Without having to carry it, I can run faster. And it won't hinder Zack from moving any slower. He caught it with ease, and we all picked up our pace, running towards the tall Demon that we could slowly make out.

"Now?" asked Pepe, ready to throw the distraction. "Wait just a bit." I told him, narrowing my eyes. At this distance, he should throw it right... "Now!" I called, watching how he threw it towards Bayon, who dodged.

The smoke from the smoke bomb created a layer of smoke thick enough for us to move without Bayon seeing us. Nigel shot at Bayon, retrieving Gillian from him. I quickly joined his side, nodding at Pepe. He returned it, knowing the rest of the plan.

"S-Sorry that we were late." I apologized, catching my gun that Zack threw towards me. "You saved our lives, (Y/N)! I'm glad that you're all alive!" replied Nigel. I glanced at Gillian's wound, tightening the grip on my gun.

She got injured... Gillian really got hurt because of me. All because I can't run as fast as the others. This is... I lightly shook my head, saying: "Follow me. I've got a plan."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://thenightpest.tumblr.com/post/175769857600/nigel-and-gillian