140

3rd Person Pov:

Quickly placing her special gun back onto her belt, the (h/c) haired girl grabbed the smaller gun she owned, immediately aiming it at the ongoing battle in front of them. She kept her eyes focused on the movements of the queen, that were barely visible to any of them.

"Wait, don't-" tried Emma, worried that her friend might hurt Sonju while trying to help. However, before she could say anything else, (Y/N) pulled the trigger, starting to reposition herself immediately.

Emma's green eyes widened as she tried to find the right words to say, only to fail in doing so. "So this is..." she trailed off, not able to look away. Norman, who was standing next to her, nodded his head.

He said: "Yeah. This is (Y/N) when she's serious." He, too, could barely believe how accurate she could shoot, only hitting the queen with the bullets. Chuckling lightly, he looked back down at Zazie, muttering: "I never had a chance from the beginning, did I?"

A bit beside them, the raven haired boy was completely caught off guard. Sure, he knew that she could handle her gun perfectly, but this? Hitting a moving target at that speed, all while changing positions in order to not get attacked herself? "I just... fell in love all over again." he stated, not realizing he had accidentally said it out loud.

Without even looking at her friends, (Y/N) said: "We have to retreat. Here goes my last one." She fired her last bullet, then immediately went over to her friends, while putting her gun back to where it belongs.

"I don't think I did much damage, but I hope I could distract the queen for a little. Let's go." she said, about to help Norman with Zazie, as they heard Sonju calling out: "Get back, Mujika!"

All of them looked back over to the battle, watching with wide eyes as the queen stood motionless in front of Mujika, who hadn't moved a single inch. "What's with that look? Why do you not retreat?" asked the queen, staring down at Mujika.

A tear slowly made its way down Mujika's mask as she quietly asked: "...Why? Why are you so hungry? You are wealthier than anyone else, and can obtain whatever food you please."

Sonju quickly jumped in between them, causing the queen to jump back, gaining distance from her younger brother. Mujika said: "It's alright, Sonju. Thanks though."

A bit confused, Sonju looked back at Mujika, not sure what he should do. But he did trust her, so he let her do whatever she had on her mind, while also never letting his guard down in case the queen wants to attack.

Almost sounding offended, the queen asked: "Is that what you think... That I'm... hungry? Starving?" "Yes. You're starving. No matter how much you eat, or obtain, or how high you rise, you'll never be satisfied. You poor thing." replied Mujika.

In a saddened tone, she continued: "You're miserable. What is is that you truly want? And just what are you so afraid of? If you were just able to feel satisfied, I'm sure it would have led to a drastically different future."

Everyone was watching, listening intently to what Mujika was saying. "You're a slave to your boundless desire. Forgetting to respect the gods, and indulging yourself with their world's life. And the result of that is what led to your downfall. You just haven't noticed it."

"Absolutely worthless. Desire is a virtue. Is is what causes people to seek what they want and act. Desire is the power to mold everything to your liking. Boundless desire brings boundless power." said the queen.

She stepped a bit closer, saying: "The gods? Respect? Life? I will not humble myself. Ever since I was born, I've been different from those around me. More special than anyone else. There is nothing that can scare me! My downfall? Don't make me laugh."

"No, your downfall has already happened. You're already dead." said Mujika calmly, watching as the queen went to attack her, yelling: "Quit the prattle and die!"

Ready to strike, Sonju looked at the queen in confusion as one of her arms suddenly exploded, and her skin expanded. Reglavalima herself was caught off guard by that, not understanding what was happening to her that very instant.

As if answering everyone's questions, Mujika said: "You've eaten too much. The cells in your body have finally reached their limit." The queen looked at her, not able to say anything.

"There isn't anything inherently special about the second core. With the poison, and the mass of corpses... Your body took in too much at once for your cells to handle. After your first core was destroyed, you went on a rampage in your near-death state." stated Mujika, like she herself had went through the same thing once before, which she never had.

"When you started to draw out the traits of everyone that you ate, you hadn't sufficiently digested them. That's how this happened." finished Mujika, and the many, many faces that appeared on the queen began speaking, cursing her, or asking for her help.

Mujika didn't stop there, however. She said: "I was born to change the Demon species. And now is the time for the world to make that change. You're being devoured by all the life that you've eaten." The queen began screaming, the memories and personalities of everyone she's eaten starting to take over simultaneously.

Taking a step back at the sight, (Y/N) bumped into Ray, who was just as taken back as she was. The picture in front of them really wasn't a nice sight, and to say that it could traumatize someone would be an understatement.

Not liking what she was seeing, (Y/N) quickly turned her head away, hiding her face in Ray's chest in order to shut out those horrible images. That action of hers caused him to finally be able to take his eyes off of the monstrosity that the queen had become.

His dark green eyes were now focused solely on his fiancee, who was clearly scared of whatever that thing there was. He gently placed his arms around her, as if he wanted to tell her that he would protect her at all costs, no matter what.

And just like that, the queen was finally defeated.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.jp/pin/562246334738031911/