3

3rd Person Pov:

The (h/c) haired girl laid still, trying not to think at all. She knew that if she'd think about anything, those words... The words of the Demons would come back. That's why she couldn't sleep. Not after seeing one of her dear siblings die like that. Suddenly, Emma sat up, breathing heavily. (Y/N)s body tensed up at the sudden noise. She, too, sat up, looking at Emma. She looked back at her, still breathing heavily.

131045

(Y/N) Pov:

I slowly walked into the dining room, my tired eyes searching for a specific person. I saw Emma with a horrible expression. She looked at me. I looked down before smiling at her, like I usually do. I then saw the person I've been looking for. "Norman! Could you help me out for a second?" He looked at me and nodded, smiling like always. He walked up to me and I said: "I-I have a problem..." I then took his hand and walked to a place were we could talk. I made sure that no one followed us. I then looked in his eyes, saying: "I'm sick." "Huh?" "I know that I'm sick again, but... I don't want to tell Mama. I'm afraid..." "That's good. This way, she won't suspect at least you if you're acting different." My eyes felt heavy and my body began burning up. "B-But Norman, I don't want to tell her. I don't want to be alone with her in the same room. C-Can one of you stay by my side?" I asked, hoping to hear one answer. I wiped the sweat from my forehead, looking at him. He thought for a second before saying: "You won't be alone, I promise." Relief hit me and I fell forwards. He caught me quickly. "(Y/N)?" asked Norman. I silently said: "I didn't sleep since then..." "That's... Insane..." "Do you mind if I'd sleep now...?" "Not at all. Sleep well, (Y/N)." I closed my eyes, hoping to have a somewhat normal dream.

Norman Pov:

I'm sorry (Y/N), but I need to talk with Emma about a plan to escape. I put her on my back and started walking back towards the dining room. As I got there, I called out: "Ray! Mama!" They both looked at me, and some others did, too. "(Y/N) collapsed as I helped her out!" I said in a somewhat scared tone. Mama came to my side immediately. I looked at Ray, saying: "She told me that she wanted you to stay with her." He took a second more, but stood up eventually and quickly walked over to me. She sometimes asked one of us three to stay by her side so she wasn't lonely when she was sick. And she was more sick than I was. Mama took (Y/N) from me and said: "Looks like she's sick again. Don't worry, she'll be healthier than ever in a few days." I nodded, not saying anything. She walked with her towards the infirmary, Ray following close behind her. I knew that he wouldn't refuse it. Those two are pretty close. You won't be alone, (Y/N).

two days earlier:

(Y/N) Pov:

"Listen, Emma, (Y/N). We have to behave like we normally do. Yesterday, we broke the rules and went to the gate. But we didn't find anything." said Norman. "But Little Bunny..." said Emma, looking at me. I told them that we had left it there. "Yeah, Mama probably found it. But she doesn't know who left it there." "That's right." I said, closing my eyes. I haven't been able to sleep for even a minute. "Mama was smiling. She doesn't show it on her face at all." said Emma. Norman said: "And that's what we have to do, too. If our faces show it, Mama will notice. We can't lose. Let's smile." Emma and I smiled at Norman as he said that. "The delicious feed, the white clothes where dirt can easily stan dout, the well-regulated life... This is all to maintain our quality as merchandise." said Emma. I said: "The only thing we can do is to wait as we are shipped out indiscriminately." "It's notindiscriminately. Remember what the demon said? 'Another six-year old. We've been shipping out normal quality ones.'" said Norman. Emma asked: "What does that mean?" "Judging from those words, age probably equals the grade of meat. If I remember correctly, the siblings who were shipped out were between six and twelve years old." I said: "Right... If being six years old is ranked as normal, then the highest quality is twelve years old." "But what about our scores? Meat won't taste better even if we get good scores on tests, right?" asked Emma. Norman said: "Yeah. It was never announced unless we got full scores, but maybe..." My eyes widened as Emma asked: "The order of getting shipped out?" Norman nodded, saying: "After we turn six, we get harvested starting from the lower scores. And when we turn 12, we get shipped out no matter what." "So we were never shipped out because we have full scores?" asked Emma. My head started spinning and I leaned onto the wall to gain my balance back a bit. "But I don't understand why it depends on our scores." We eventually did the task we were given as Emma asked: "Is there meaning for being between the age of six and twelve? The size of our bodies? No. Then it would depend on our weight." I said: "No... It's the brain. Right?" "The size of our brains." said Norman, nodding at me. "That means..." "The brain probably tastes the best. And the more developed brain, the better." said Norman. "Eating... the brain?" "And they don't care how much they risk or spend. That's why we're high-quality merchandise. Try to remember. Conny was shipped out. Before her was Hao. Before him was Sadie. Based on the cycle so far, the next shipment should be two months from now at the earliest. We need to think of a way for all of us to escape before then." I nodded at his words, trying to think of a way to escape already.

Present:

(Y/N) Pov:

I opened my eyes, looking around the room. Am I... Alone? Norman promised me... "(Y/N)?" I looked at the person that called me, seeing someone I didn't expected to be here with me. "R-Ray?" I asked, sitting up. "You should rest. You're heavily sick." "Why are you here?" I asked slowly. "Norman said that you asked for me before you fainted." He continued to read his book, not even looking at me. So that's how it is, Norman. You found a way to not leave me alone, and to make progress with our plan to escape. A small smile made its way onto my lips. I said: "Don't leave me alone, please." He lifted his eyes off his book to look at me. I didn't expected him to say something, yet he did. "I won't."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/779122804269586474/