112

3rd Person Pov:

Ray had been walking around for quite a bit now, but he couldn't seem to find (Y/N). It was very quiet, since it was nighttime, and the lack of light didn't help him at all. Sighing, he decided to check one more place before heading back.

Once he made it to the side of another building, he heard a quiet sigh, followed by inaudible muttering. He perked up, walking around the corner, spotting someone sitting on a step of the stairs that lead up.

Without hesitation, he approached that person, knowing that he finally found her. "(Y/N), are you alright? I've been looking for you." he said, stopping in front of her. She looked up at him, nodding subtly. "Yeah, I am. Thank you for worrying." she replied, fiddling with her hands.

At that, he sat down next to her, the two of them just staring at the ground, enjoying each others company. "Say..." started (Y/N), contemplating on what words to use. Ray hummed, indicating that she could continue.

"Do you... hate me now?" As soon as that question left her lips, Ray's head spun around to face her, his brows furrowed. He held a puzzled expression as he asked: "What? Why would I ever hate you?"

She lightly shook her head, saying: "You know why. I'm a Ratri. A member of the family that keeps the farms running. I was supposed to do all those horrible things to innocent children." He scoffed at her, which caused her to look at him.

"What are you even saying? You're not making any sense here. You're a member of the Ratri clan. So what? Does that change who you are? Does that change the reasons why I love you as much as I do?" he asked, to which she remained silent, closing her (e/c) eyes.

"You really act like a child sometimes. You think I could really hate you? Seriously? I couldn't even hate you if I tried! That's how much I love you. Even more than that." he stated, causing her cheeks to light up in a light, pink hue.

Without much thinking, she hugged him, burying her head in his shoulder, saying: "I-I know. It's just... This was all so sudden, and... The thought of me basically killing off innocent children... I... I'm happy that I got to live at the House."

He placed his arms around her, resting his head on top of hers, listening to what she had to say. "I mean, I never would've met any of you guys. I never would've met you, Yuugo, Oliver, or anyone else. So I'm glad that it went as it did. But..."

"But what?" asked Ray, his voice soft, indicating that he was tired. It was nighttime, after all. (Y/N) sighed once more, answering: "It's just that I keep on overthinking it. The 'what if's and the 'could've been's are just a bit heavy on my mind right now. But... But I'll be fine. Thanks to you, Ray."

He smiled softly after hearing that, glad to know that he could help her the way he did. "You're always there for me. So, thank you for that. It really means a lot to me. And sorry for being a burden sometimes. I know I can be a handful to deal with." she said, chuckling at the end.

"Oh, you definitely are." he agreed, laughing with her, closing his dark green eyes. "Ah, you must be tired. Let's head back and go to bed, alright?" she asked him, to which he nodded, both of them starting to head back.

Then, without a single warning, (Y/N) got a hold of Ray's collar. She pulled him closer to herself, placing her lips onto his, surprising her boyfriend greatly. He was so surprised that it took him a few seconds to register what she was doing in the first place.

She pulled away, a heavy dust covering her cheeks as she said: "I-I'm sorry! I just felt l-like-" However, she couldn't finish her sentence, due to him kissing her, too. Startled, she blinked a few times, before closing her eyes, melting into the gentle touch of him.

"It's fine. I was just surprised." he said after putting some distance between their faces, a soft smile presenting itself on his lips. (Y/N) returned his smile, taking his hand into hers, saying: "I'm glad, then. We really seem like we were made for each other, huh?"

"I guess so. Oh, speaking of." he started, looking to the side to avoid any eye contact. "Yes?" asked (Y/N), waiting for him to continue, which he did after much hesitation. "I've been thinking..." he started, his voice low, almost like a whisper.

"Once we made it to the human world, I... I want to... I mean, we're too young to even think about it, but..." he trailed off, clearly nervous about whatever it was he wanted to tell her. It was unlike him to be this flustered, which was amusing to (Y/N), causing her to chuckle softly.

"You can tell me anything. Anything that's on your mind." she encouraged, giving him a kind smile. He took in a deep breath, saying: "Once we're in the human world, I really, really want to... to marry you."

At that, she stopped in her tracks, her (e/c) eyes wide. "M-M-Marriage?! M-Me? You? Marriage...? Us?!" she stuttered out, completely overwhelmed by this situation. "Well, yeah..." said Ray, scratching the back of his neck, still avoiding eye contact with her.

"I-I mean... There's no one else I could ever love besides you, Ray. And I want to spend every single day with you, until the day we die." she said, looking up at him. His eyes met hers, and the world seemed to stop spinning for a moment.

"Does that mean...?" he asked, his tone careful. She nodded, a happy smile on her face. "Of course!" Hearing those two, simple words caused him to widen his eyes. In that moment, he could've sworn his heart exploded.

He immediately hugged her tightly to himself, whispering: "Thank you. I love you so, so, so much, (Y/N). You don't know how happy you just made me." She kissed his cheek, saying: "You just made me just as happy because you asked me. But you're right, we're still a bit too young for marriage."

"I figured as much." he said, the two of them continuing to walk. "But that's fine. We'll get married when we're older. We could say we're engaged now." he said, a blush dusting his cheeks once more. Nodding, (Y/N), who was blushing madly, said: "Y-You're right."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/295830269281501401/