37

I decided to make a new cover for this book. Hope you'll like it ^^

Oh, and I just thought I'd tell you that I published a Tanjiro X Reader (Kimetsu no Yaiba / Demon Slayer) story.

If you want to look into it, feel free to do so! If not, then that's okay, too^^

Anyways,

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ray Pov:

I said: "Okay. There are two problems. First, Mama's watchful eyes. She's always watching us, and she's always holding one of the younger ones. She'll be doing that during the day, and at night, the babies are in her room. In order to escape with everyone, we'll have to shake Mama off, and separate her from the little ones." Emma nodded. I continued: "And then, past the wall is a cliff." I showed her the piece of paper that Norman had drawn on. "We can't climb down from it. If we're escaping, it'll be through the bridge. But there's only one. I'm sure there's security to begin with, and once they find out there's been an escape, the guards will rush there. Plus, it's near the headquarters. Those monsters should be everywhere. So, what are you going to do?" She stayed silent. I glanced at (Y/N) before looking to the side, where I had put a carton earlier. I said: "I think this is the best answer." I then stood up and opened it, taking something out. "Oil?" asked Emma. I looked into her green eyes, saying: "At night, we'll light the House on fire." "You're going to start a fire?" she asked, clearly surprised. "That's right. When Mama is distracted putting it out, we'll lead everyone outside, saying it's an evacuation. If we seal the door to the secret room, Mama can't notify headquarters, and headquarters will think it's a fire, not an escape. The security won't go towards the bridge. We can escape through it then." I glanced at (Y/N) again. She's... observing me. I'm sorry, (Y/N), but this is the only way for you to escape without any problems. I looked back at Emma, saying: "As a bonus, I also hid ten Molotovs behind some rocks in the forest." "Molotov bottles?" asked Emma. I said: "Don't underestimate my six years of preparations. Throw those Molotovs into the neighboring Plants on the way to the bridge. If all goes well, there'll be another fire to make security even scarcer. Since it's nighttime, no one will be in the forest. No one will die." I closed my eyes. This is it. "So instead of tomorrow, let's run away tonight, right now. Can you do it, Emma?" She looked to the ground, worried. I said: "Don't worry. This place is the farthest distance away from everyone's rooms. They can escape before the fires get to them. They've trained to run in formation through tag, right? Or is your leg still..." "It's fine!" said Emma, standing up. She stomped on the ground, to prove that her bone had healed. I looked at (Y/N), watching as she moved her arm around like it was never broken. "Then it's decided."

(Y/N) Pov:

Ray opened one of the canisters of oil. "But you know, (Y/N), Emma..." He started to spill it on the ground. I took one out of the box and did the same. Ray continued: "To tell you the truth, I'm still against the idea of taking everyone. Especially after hearing there's a cliff beyond those walls. Even if you do take some, it should only be Don and Gilda." He took another canister. "You should at least leave the babies behind. For their sake, and for yours, too." That way of talking... I was certain before, but... He's really gonna do it now. He's not talking about 'us' anymore. He's saying that we should leave the babies. But he's not including himself. I threw the empty canister on the ground, taking another one. He then said: "But you won't listen even if I stop you. And it's better than having you stay behind and not escape. So I won't say anything more. You decide." He poured the canister on the ground, too. As it was empty, he let it fall onto the ground, saying: "So what are you doing? Go tell Don and Gilda." "You said... to throw over the Molotov bottles?" said Emma, looking worried. Ray said: "Yeah. You, or maybe Don could..." he stopped there, closing his eyes. He must've realized that Emma knows, too. She said: "And I'm worried about one more thing. Even if we start a fire, what if Mama abandons the building? She might give up on putting out the fire and refuse to take her eyes off of us, the merchandise." "You realized, huh?" asked Ray. I kept my eyes on the canister in my hands, listening closely to what he was saying: "There's a good possibility of that happening. That's why starting a fire won't be enough. If we don't stop Mama, then we won't have any chances of escaping from her. But don't worry. I just have to do this." I looked up, watching as Ray poured a full canister of oil over his head. My eyes widened. I knew this was going to happen, but still... "Ray?" asked Emma, shocked at what she was seeing. I couldn't bring myself to say anything. "Isn't this the greatest?" asked Ray, smiling like a psychopath. "The perfect scorer with the set shipment date will burn up. She won't be able to abandon me. I've been waiting for this day." Oh, I know. I know that, Ray. He dropped the canister before saying: "I decided this a long time ago. Many, many years ago. It's a childish retaliation. You know what, (Y/N), Emma?" Emma looked shocked, to say the least. I looked down to see myself trembling. Ray said: "I've never really been interested in studying or reading. But I endured it, and I worked hard to improve my value to the highest it could be. Twelve years. I'm a feast that they've been waiting for. I'm going to take that away from them tonight. Right before the harvest they've been looking forwards to. Don't think you can eat me. Don't think you can serve me. Food? Merchandise? I don't give a crap! I'm a human being! Serves them right!" "Ray..." I said silently. "Also, this is fine. This is the best way. I've watched my family die all these years. I used them. And they were all good kids. They were kindhearted." "Wait." tried Emma, to no avail. "Don't move. Listen, Emma. You only have one chance. Make this work. Please, don't let me, or Norman, die in vain." My eyes teared up as he passed a book to Emma, saying: "This is for you." She opened it, finding a bunch of pictures in it. A few of them showed Norman on them, which made her tear up, too. Then, the clock hit midnight. My eyes widened as I looked at Ray, who now held a burning match. "I'm now 12 years old. It was a life I wanted to curse, but the time I spent with everyone was really fun." "No, stop!" called Emma. "Thank you." He then looked at me, saying: "(Y/N)... You're the most important person to me. Those past two months that we spent together made me really happy. But now it's time to say goodbye. And... I love you, (Y/N)." My eyes widened once more as he let go of the match.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://weheartit.com/entry/340033432