126

Hello, everyone!

Just a quick tw that this chapter is really dark.

Like, really, REALLY dark.

I don't know what happened, but I accidentally made it really sad and depressing.

Apparently, I can write either super cute fluff or extreme angst...

Well, this is an angsty chapter!

If you like angst (like me), then enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

"There you are!" called the orange haired girl, having successfully broken through the ceiling. Ray looked up at her, saying: "Emma!" "Where's (Y/N)?" "She disappeared, and-" he started to explain, only to have their surroundings change once more.

They both began to fall, and the skeleton children continued their chanting of the same two words. "Let's play. Let's play." Since the gravity had shifted, both of them had fallen, landing in some stuffed animals.

"Emma! Are you okay?!" asked Ray, quickly making his way over to her. With a shocked expression, Emma pointed at Ray, saying: "Hey Ray, aren't you kinda small?! How?!" "The hell if I know! And anyways, you are, too!" he replied, suddenly back to his normal self.

"Eh? Wow, you're right." said Emma, looking at herself. "Wait. I turned back to normal. What's going on here?" asked Ray, more himself than anyone else. Suddenly, they heard a gunshot, followed by an ear shattering scream.

Sharing a quick glance, they both began to ran towards the stairs, both calling out to their missing friend. "(Y/N)!" "(Y/N), we're on our way!" "Where are you?!" "Answer, goddammit!"

The only reply they got was another scream, followed by: "N-No, don't! I don't want to see it! No!" "Shit, (Y/N)!" called Ray, his heartbeat increasing a lot. He was more than just worried for her. Who knows what could be happening to her at the moment?

So far, none of them got hurt, but they definitely heard a gunshot. Whether it was from (Y/N)'s gun or not didn't matter. All they knew was that their precious friend could be in grave danger.

However, as soon as they got upstairs, their eyes went wide once more. The whole corridor was splattered in blood. It was so fresh that it was even dripping down the walls, forming puddles on the ground.

Ray's heart sunk as his mind kept on forming the worst possible outcomes, even if he didn't want to think about that. "This is... horrible..." trailed Emma off, covering her mouth with her hands, slowly sinking to her knees. She had once before thought she lost her best friends, and reliving those same feelings was just cruel.

Not wanting to waste another second, Ray began running, shouting out the name of his lover. He followed the trails of blood, horrified that there was seemingly no end to the red liquid.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N), please...!" he called, finally reaching the end of the corridor. He opened the door that was drenched in blood, not caring if he got any onto his clothing or hands. He ripped the door open, tears filling his vision.

He slowly stepped into the dark room, approaching the body that was laying in the middle of it, surrounded by a puddle of blood. He dropped to his knees, his whole body shaking as he reached out to her.

"This isn't... true. This isn't..." he began, his breath basically stuck in his throat. "Don't... D-Don't leave me..." he muttered out, not able to hold his tears back as he finally got a look at his lover's face.

Her eyes were half lidded, and her lips parted slightly. She looked almost like she was resting, if it wasn't for all of the blood around her. With shaking hands, Ray started shaking her body, saying: "H-Hey... This isn't funny. Come on, get up. I found Emma, we can continue."

But no matter what he tried, she didn't move. Slowly losing his sanity, he closed his eyes, placing his forehead against hers for one last time, his tears dripping onto her lifeless face.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry." he began, opening his eyes again. "I couldn't protect you in the end." He glanced at her belt, noticing the weapon that was still packed away neatly. "I couldn't keep you safe. I couldn't see you grow into an adult. I couldn't marry you."

Ray unhooked the small gun, looking at the ammunition loaded in it. It was still full. "I really love you, (Y/N). And I'll keep our promise. See you in a bit, love." he said, holding the gun up to his own head, closing his eyes, the pain inside his chest starting to overwhelm him.

He would never see her smile again. He would never hear her sweet voice again. He would never get to tell her just how much he actually fell for her. He would never hear her say those simple, three words ever again. He would never get to spend another second with her.

And that thought alone hurt him more than anything ever did. He had made up his mind the moment they had forged their promise. If he ever failed to protect her... Should the day of her death ever come... He'd follow her into the afterlife without a second thought. His finger moved closer to the trigger, ready to pull.

And he did.

Emma's green eyes widened as she hurriedly got up, fearing the worst after hearing the second gunshot. She knew her friends. She knew them very well. She also knew that one without the other was not going to work.

She ran along the corridor, in such a hurry that she didn't notice that the blood that was previously there had disappeared. She burst through the door, not sure if she really wanted to see what had happened.

Emma sank to her knees once more, sighing heavily. A heavy weight was lifted off her chest, and she even managed to smile a little, closing her eyes. Inside the rather dark room sat her two best friends, embracing each other.

"(Y-(Y/N)..." trailed Ray off, not daring to loosen his grip around the smaller girl. She nodded her head, saying: "Yeah, it's me. Ray, don't ever do something like that ever again. You scared me... I'm just glad that I got back in time."

He still let his tears loose, full on sobbing into her shoulder. "I'm sorry..." he trailed off, to which she kissed his cheek, saying: "It's fine. Everything's fine now. It was another one of those illusions. I was never in danger."

"Please, don't... Don't ever leave me." he whispered, trying his best to calm down again. With a small smile gracing her lips, she said: "Of course not. Ray, I love you so much. It would kill us both to be apart."

"I know... I-I know..." he said, causing her to chuckle softly. "Now, now. Stuttering is my thing." she joked in a soft tone, hoping to lift his mood at least a little. Chuckling a little, Ray looked at her with puffy eyes, a small smile on his face.

Placing a gentle kiss on his forehead, (Y/N) asked: "Better?" "A lot." he replied immediately, leaning his forehead against hers. "Shit, that was way too real for my liking. Let's all stick together for now." he said, taking in a deep breath, finally calm again.

"I won't let go of your hand, I promise." she said, cuddling into his chest, wrapping her arms around him once more. "And thank you for trying to keep our promise." she whispered, just enjoying his warmth. "You would've done the same, I'm sure of it." he replied, enjoying the close proximity of their bodies, happy and relieved that he could still hold her like this.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/730005420858656917/