68

about a day ago:

Ray Pov:

"Ray!" called (Y/N) out, reaching out to me. I was so close to reaching her, so close to saving her, but that man just had to grab me by my jacket. He slammed me into the ground, yelling: "Forget it! You are only getting yourself taken, too! Run!" "No! (Y/N)! (Y/N)!" I called out, still reaching my hands out towards her, watching as she quickly disappeared in the trees.

I struggled greatly as he picked me up, screaming: "Let me go! Let me go! I have to save (Y/N)! Let me go, you-" He cut me off by saying: "Don't you think I want to save her, too?!" At that, I fell silent. What? He hasn't been nice to any of us, but- No, that's not true. He's been nice to (Y/N), and (Y/N) only.

"They took both of the girls. This isn't good at all." he said, making me snap. He let me down, and I quickly took a few steps away from him, asking: "Will you explain what's happening or not?! What are those? 'Taken'? To where? Are (Y/N) and Emma alive?!"

He only stared at me, so I said: "Say something!" "Be quiet! Don't you realize they might be still around? Calm down, they're still alive. Their lives aren't in danger right now... However..." I brushed my hands through my hair, asking: "So (Y/N) and Emma were kidnapped by the Demons?"

"Demons'? Ah, correct." "The poachers?" "Yes... To be more precise, one of their factions. I had lured them in to get rid of you three." At those words, my eyes widened. "Normally, I wouldn't keep shooting at the wild ones like that... I wouldn't cover them with those scars."

"You can't be..." I said, trailing off. No way. Ever since we started... "Right at the start, I shot 'em full of holes. Way more than needed. You kids hit them quite a bit, too." he explained, making me grit my teeth.

"Kill them, and their own group will get rid of the bodies, bullets and all. However, a pack of living ones full of scars like that... If the smart ones see it, they'll instantly deduce that something's up. This is how me and my friends were found by THEM." he said, sighing lightly.

"It was about six months after we had escaped from our plantation. In your case, it's barely even been ten days. And what's more, you've come from Grace Field, a high-class place. I figured they gotta be on the lookout, drawing in the net on ya. And sure enough, took'em just three days to find the prey."

I gripped my firearm, saying: "I'm going to rescue (Y/N) and Emma." with determination clear in my voice. I can't let them be in such danger. "Give up. Don't get an inch closer to them. I told ya, right? All you're doing is getting yourself killed, too." he told me. Too? Getting myself killed, too? So they really are in danger?

I tightened my hands into fists, saying: "I can't break our promise just ten days in. (Y/N) will... She'll be pretty mad at me." "Listen, I don't want to cause you guys more trouble. I'd love to get them both back safely if I could, but it's impossible. They are just too powerful." said that man, looking at me.

I glared at him as he continued: "Best I can do is to bring you back to the shelter in one piece. I'll leave your family alone, too. So give up. We gotta hurry back. They're already beyond hope." I snapped at him, yelling: "Shut the hell up! I'm bringing them back, no matter what! I won't lose another friend I swore to protect, and I sure as hell am not going to lose (Y/N) either!"

I swore to protect my family. And now... I looked to the ground, muttering: "I couldn't face them anymore if Emma didn't come back. I couldn't even face my own reflection anymore if (Y/N)... I love her too much..." Then, a question appeared in my mind. I looked up at the man, asking: "Why? Why would you leave our family alone just like that?"

He closed his eyes, answering: "She asked me to come with you to the human world. That girl is really good, I understand why you like her that much." Then, he sighed, ruffling through his hair. "Fine. Let's go safe them. Shit, what am I even doing?" I asked: "Come on, just tell me already! Where are they right now?"

Back to the current situation:

(Y/N) Pov:

After Oliver had explained this place to me, and after he introduced me to the majority of his friends, them being Gillian, Paula, Nigel, Sandy, Pepe, Adam, Sonya, and Zack, I even got to know a bit about the Demon that I had attacked. His name is Leuvis, and apparently, he took a liking to me. Well, he likes to hunt for a challenge, and I just so happened to have given him one.

I was thinking about all of this, filling in a lot of gaps on the information. I can work with this. The only thing I really do need is a plan of this place. "Oliver, d-do you have a map or something for this whole place?" He walked over to a table, picking up a rather large piece of paper, handing it to me.

I took a good look at it, then asked: "I-I know I'm asking for a lot right now, b-but do you have any paper and pencils?" "Yes!" called the girl named Gillian, happily handing me the requested items.

I thanked her, then started to sketch down the map, just in case I ever needed it again. I already memorized it, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. "Woah, so accurate! You're talented, (Y/N)!" noted Sandy, a grin on his face.

I felt the blood rushing into my cheeks as I said: "Th-Thank you..." It was then that someone knocked on the door, catching my attention. A female voice, coming from the other side of the door, said: "It's me, Adam. Open up." The giant boy did so, letting in a girl with purple hair.

My eyes widened as I recognized the other girl that was with her. She immediately put on a big, cheery smile as her green eyes met mine, running towards me. I got up from the chair, accepting her hug. "(Y/N)! I'm so glad that you're alright! I was so worried about you!" she called out, making me smile a little.

I said: "Emma... I didn't know they got you, too." She chuckled a little, saying: "Yeah, I was too focused on you, so I didn't notice them behind me. But I'm so happy that you're fine!" "I'm glad that you're okay, too." I responded, tightening the hug. "Emma, I'll introduce you to my comrades." said the girl I hadn't met before, who I assume is Violet, based on what Oliver had told me. "Please do." responded Emma.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://wallpapersafari.com/w/4ixdPf