91

3rd Person Pov:

"We're back!" called Emma, smiling at all the children, including the two adults, who were already waiting for them, having seen the seven teens on the security cameras. "Welcome home!" they called, smiling brightly at all of them.

"Is everyone doing well?" "Yes, every single one of us is well." answered Oliver. Yuugo was the first to ask the question that was on everyone's mind. "So? How did it go? Was it there?" (Y/N) nodded, answering: "We found that temple and the golden water."

They quickly gathered in the biggest room, all surrounding the table. "And? You found the place with that temple and the golden water, right?" asked Thoma. Mark asked: "Did you figure something out?" "Were there any hints?" asked Chris, a hopeful expression on his face.

Emma answered: "We found the golden water at the third possible spot, and the temple at the second candidate location."

A few months prior:

(Y/N) Pov:

"This temple..." trailed Emma off, making me nod. Yeah. This is it. It looks just like the one we saw in those visions. "This is it. This is the temple we saw at Cuvitidala." I said, letting the others know what we just figured out.

"We did it!" "We found it! It's here! It's really here! I'm so glad!" cheered Gilda and Don, to which Violet quickly hushed them, saying: "Cool it." I looked up at Ray, a smile present underneath my mask. "We're getting closer." I said, making him nod.

"Someone's there!" said Emma suddenly, gaining our attention. We looked up the long staircase, noticing a demon there. "We shouldn't stay here for long." noted Zack, with Ray saying: "Yeah, let's check this out quickly."

We walked up the staircase, passing that demon. He was just sitting there, feeding the demon-birds. It's really scary. These demons... They're just like us. They act the same, they even talk the same. The biggest difference we have is our appetite.

I looked up at one of the towers, concentrating. There were six towers, all of them relatively small. All of the doors are steel gated, so we're not able to get inside. We spotted a few, ancient things, even another one of those 'eyes'.

"Hey everybody, over here!" called Violet, pointing towards the tower she was standing in front of. We quickly walked over to her, looking at what she was pointing at.

I let out a gasp, immediately stepping away from the gates again. In there was what seemed like a demon, but without a face. It looked rather human, but the hands and feet gave it away immediately.

"It doesn't have a face. Similar to「 」." said Emma. She then added: "No... His clothes and physique were both totally different, but this gives off the same atmosphere..." "But you know, seems like this temple doesn't have any clues regarding the seven walls. What's the deal with this-" noted Violet, but Ray cut her off.

"Hey, look at this! The ceiling!" he said, causing all of us to look up. "Day and night..." I said, trailing off. There was a gigantic painting on the ceiling, half of it being the night sky and the other half being the sky during the day.

I quickly put my backpack down, pulling out my sketchbook and a pencil. I began to sketch an exact copy of the painting down, being careful as to not miss even a single detail.

"What's drawn on the other ceilings?" asked Emma, quickly running away. The others left, too, inspecting the other ceilings, leaving me and Ray alone. "If there really are six different paintings, then it's gonna take me a while." I joked, chuckling slightly.

Ray hummed, sitting down next to me. "Don't stress yourself. Apart from that one demon, there's no one here. We have time." I nodded, saying: "Okay. Thank you." "You do know that you don't always have to thank me, right?"

"But you always help me out." I said, looking up at the ceiling before continuing to draw. "And you do the same." he told me, causing me to smile a little, my cheeks turning a light shade of red underneath my mask.

I began to hum the lullaby that I love so much, the one that Ray would often hum when we were alone, just like this. He leaned his back onto the wall of the tower, adjusting his mask a little as I continued my sketch.

Present:

3rd Person Pov:

(Y/N) put all of the drawings she had made onto the table, showing them to the other children. They looked at the papers with awe, Yvette asking: "Are these all?" "Yes. And it took me quite some time." answered (Y/N), a light smile gracing her lips.

"Did you figure it out?" asked Lanni, making Emma nod. "Not just clues, but an actual method to be able to get in?" "Yup!" To that, the children cheered, calling: "Hurray!" "It's thanks to all of you." started Emma, smiling at them. "This past year, everyone has done their part." "Only two months left. With this, we can make it in time." said Chris, smiling happily.

Ray said: "Yeah, we still can't escape just yet, but now that we're able to go to 'the day and night', we can go and forge a new 'promise'." "Just one more step and we can reach a world where we won't be hunted. A world where we cattle children are free to live." said (Y/N), a small smile on her lips.

"So? How do we get in?" asked Yuugo, to which Emma pulled out a jar, saying: "The 'entrance', the method to get to the 'day and night', is this." She showed them the different colored water, placing it on the table. "Golden water?" asked Nat, tilting his head a little.

Suddenly, Pepe burst into the room, saying: "Everybody, run away, now! The enemy is attacking!" Just after he said that, one of the bunker's entrances exploded, letting the attackers inside.

"It was a real pain having to weed out the previous shelters. At last. At last, I've found you. Now, this time it will be a slaughter." said Andrew, ready to kill every last one of the cattle children with his squad.

He took his weapon into his hands, saying: "Now, dispose of them."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/719731584180045831/