127

3rd Person Pov:

Holding tightly onto the hand of his lover, Ray asked: "What happened before? The first gunshot, I mean. And then you screaming. Was that an illusion, too?" Sighing lightly, (Y/N) brushed her free hand through her hair, shaking her head.

"No, it wasn't. Well, partly." she answered honestly. Confused, Emma asked: "What do you mean 'partly'?" "The gunshot was part of an illusion I saw, and... Well, the scream was my reaction." she admitted, looking at the ground as they continued to walk.

Without hesitation, the orange haired girl asked: "What did you see? If you don't mind talking about it, that is." Closing her eyes for a moment, (Y/N) contemplated whether or not to tell her friends what she had seen.

Eventually, she gave in. "I saw my mother." "You met Mama?" repeated Emma, tilting her head ever so slightly to the side. Shaking her head, (Y/N) said: "No, not Mama Isabella. I met the woman that gave birth to me."

Now quite shocked, the other two stared at her, asking: "What?" at the same time. "I met my mother, Miryam. I've lived with her and my father up until just before my second birthday. And apparently, this place can change depending on your memories. Even those you yourself seem to have forgotten." she answered, seemingly deep in thought.

"Then... What did you see that scared you so much?" asked Emma, trying to understand what was just said. "Ah, that's... I saw... I..." (Y/N) let out a shaky breath, tightening the grip around her fiancé's hand.

Taking in a deep breath, she quickly answered: "I was there. I saw it with my own two eyes. How my parents were murdered by Peter Ratri. Well, by his commands. And this place made me relieve that very moment."

Gasping, Emma said: "That's... That's horrible! I'm so sorry for you! If there's anything we can do to cheer you up, please let us know." "I will, thank you, Emma. I'm glad you're my best friend." replied (Y/N), a kind smile on her lips, which Emma returned immediately, saying: "Of course!"

(Y/N) Pov:

Walking through some stuffed animals, I looked around us, trying to spot anything that may help us out of here. This place is gruesome. But there has to be a way out. I bet there's a way to leave this space.

It's connected to our minds, I can tell as much. It showed me what I thought I had forgotten, and it showed Ray what he feared the most. The seven walls. Seven... Could it be that-

My thoughts were cut short by none other than Emma, who said: "Woah, we're back to being children again!" Confused, I looked at her, noticing that she was, indeed, younger. Then, I looked at myself, saying: "Huh, that's strange."

I turned my head to the side, looking at Ray. My cheeks took a bright, reddish color as I quickly turned to look away, mumbling to myself. No way. Was he always that cute?! "(Y/N)? Are you okay?" he asked me, to which I began stuttering again.

"Y-Yes, it's just that you're so cute, and- N-No, wait, I-I mean... I... You're... Ah, I can't focus anymore!" I said, engulfing him in a hug, saying: "Ray, you're too adorable!" He was obviously taken back by my sudden way of acting, but what was I supposed to do?

Suddenly, the stuffed animals began speaking, much to my horror. I yelped, burying my face in Ray's shoulder. He held onto me tightly, while the stuffed animals kept on repeating the same two words.

"Let's play. Let's play. Let's play."

"Damn it. Again..." trailed Ray off, almost sighing. That's... "Emma, isn't that what「 」said?" I asked, to which she thought for a moment. Then, she said: "It is." She turned to face the stuffed animals, asking: "You're「 」from back then, aren't you?"

The animals suddenly stopped speaking, indicating that we were right. Emma continued: "We came from the 'entrance'. We're here to reforge the 'promise'. What is this place? Where are you really at right now?"

"I'm at the place I've always been at." spoke a voice I was able to recognize, seemingly coming from every corner of this place. "Beyond the seven walls. Beyond the seven walls. Try to find me. I'm the seven walls..."

We looked around, finally spotting something that would bring us further. It was a trap door, that was partly covered by some stuffed animals. We looked at each other, then opened it with ease.

Time skip:

Ray Pov:

"I just don't understand any of this..." I said, taking another, heavy step through this wasteland. "Just... What is this place?" asked (Y/N), still holding onto my hand as we walked. "What year is it now?" I asked, not getting an answer.

"Emma... Hey, Emma!" I called out, not getting a response. "I see... So she's gone now, huh?" I wonder just how much time has passed since then. I glanced over at (Y/N), getting the feeling that something wasn't right.

Wasn't she much younger before? She's already an adult? Wait, am I... I looked down at my free hand, almost letting out a gasp. I'm an adult, too? How many years have we been here? What happened in all that time?

I noticed something shiny on one of my fingers. Is that... a ring? "Did we... already get married?" I asked, to which (Y/N) let out a hum, saying: "It seems so?" Though, her statement sounded more like a question than anything else.

But that's impossible. How come I don't remember any of it? I don't think I could ever forget such an important event. But then again, what year is it? How many years have we lost in here? Where even are we?

The only thing I remember is leaving the House, then entering the shelter. And in the shelter, a bunch of things were different from the real one. We even went to the Goldy Pond hunting grounds. It was a maze. At that time, I thought we could solve it. That mystery, that labyrinth... I thought we could win. But...

"(Y/N)! Ray! I might have figured it out!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/666603182347414870/?nic_v3=1aGuxcJqk